Middle of Nowhere... and I finds a member

Club and BMW related

Middle of Nowhere... and I finds a member

Postby Bry » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:00 pm

Scary... :)

Pickering Brook Road and Ashedon, Nuthin' but dirt, it's 40C... annoying little trail bikes buzzing about like little black angry flies and I run into Noel McNee...

Damn small world! :)

The road up to Mt Dale's quite good, has anyone followed the power pylons? be interested to hear how that track is.

Bry
Bry

Re: Middle of Nowhere... and I finds a member

Postby bwanainoz » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:19 pm

You forgot to mention that I bent my front rim on a fairly inocuous bump in the road. If you want to ride the power pylons one weekend let me know and I will join you. Cheers Noel
bwanainoz

Postby Bry » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:46 am

Heh..

Not for me to mention the bad stuff....

I'm just glad you I run into you there, I might've got the same damage! *cast rim though

:mrgreen:
Bry

Postby bwanainoz » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:09 pm

Priced a new rim (just the rim) this morning $1,261.17. :roll: - so claiming insurance on this one.
bwanainoz

Postby Bry » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:29 pm

:shock: :shock:

Holy mother of expensive bits..... you have got to be kidding! that was for one rim?

:twisted:

Hey, did you know there's this place in Vic Park where every Sunday Morning R1200GS riders gather... I think with a bit of a distraction, lets say a waitress with um, huge-tracts-of-land, people may be unfocused enough for some rim switchin'!

:lol:
Bry

Postby Bry » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:38 pm

For evidence! see! I do take it off road... now for polish..... :cry:
Bry

Postby cutting it » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:37 pm

I would love a 1200gs.. but being vertically challenged it will be one of the new f800... when i have the money of course
cutting it

Postby VA1 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:35 pm

i always wanted to know where the power lines head to, too.
so yea, would be interested in that if there is going to be a ride organised

ps - also, i noticed most of the turn offs have boom bars and those that don't have a hazard warning sign - some germ or virus or harzardous quarantine thingy. does this mean we can't ride thru there or....
... all the pain money can buy ....
... one bad joke getting worse every minute ...
... cuwenugethere ...
VA1

Postby bwanainoz » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:08 am

VA1 wrote:i always wanted to know where the power lines head to, too.
so yea, would be interested in that if there is going to be a ride organised

ps - also, i noticed most of the turn offs have boom bars and those that don't have a hazard warning sign - some germ or virus or harzardous quarantine thingy. does this mean we can't ride thru there or....

Best not to enter quarantine areas so that we do not spread whatever the area is quarantined for. I just sold my TTR Yamaha otherwise would have been up for a ride through the non quarantined areas. Will take the GS if we can travel tracks where I wont damage my rims :lol: :lol:
bwanainoz

Postby VA1 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:14 am

Best not to enter quarantine areas so that we do not spread whatever the area is quarantined for. I just sold my TTR Yamaha otherwise would have been up for a ride through the non quarantined areas. Will take the GS if we can travel tracks where I wont damage my rims

Hi, thanks for the info!

when u feel like having company for some of these rides, let me / anyone know, would love to tag along. i'm a noobie! hope that doesn't put u off. saturdays are good, mostly...
... cuwenugethere ...
VA1

Postby bwanainoz » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:16 pm

VA1 wrote:
Best not to enter quarantine areas so that we do not spread whatever the area is quarantined for. I just sold my TTR Yamaha otherwise would have been up for a ride through the non quarantined areas. Will take the GS if we can travel tracks where I wont damage my rims

Hi, thanks for the info!

when u feel like having company for some of these rides, let me / anyone know, would love to tag along. i'm a noobie! hope that doesn't put u off. saturdays are good, mostly...

I will catch up with you at one of the meetings (farrells/monthly meet) and we can organise.
bwanainoz

Postby Dean » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:35 pm

Powerline Track is a good drive/ride although a bit lumpy. However it has a nasty, rocky hill with BIG potholes approx 5-8km east of Sawyers. It could be done by a good operator on a GS but you'd want a couple of bikes there. There's a gravel road heading back to Gt Eastern Hwy at the base of the hill so you can go around it if you want.

There are also a couple of lesser hills further east but not too bad if you've done the first one.

I'd be interested in riding it

Cheers
Dean
Dean

Postby VA1 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:42 pm

thanks for the info!

any idea where it starts and ends and how many kms the track is. sadly, i cant find any info on it on road and track or the whereis www.

if a few of us can find the time to do it together it would be good for support - moral and other wise, and practice! sounds like we might get something going pretty soon,...
... cuwenugethere ...
VA1

Return to General