BMW Garage Remote Problem

Club and BMW related

BMW Garage Remote Problem

Postby KenButler » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:16 pm

I'm having problems getting my remote to work. Can anyone advise a good solution? Or should I get a new remote?

:roll: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C-Bxifv2Pk
KenButler

Re: BMW Garage Remote Problem

Postby boomer61 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:50 pm

I think Maintenance and reliability will be your biggest problem!
Desert Raid 2009, 2011,2015 Tasamania 2010, CSR 2012, 2015
Argentina/Bolivia/Chile 2014
Vietnam 2014
boomer61

Re: BMW Garage Remote Problem

Postby boomer61 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:34 pm

Some maintenance issues to consider,
Fusible links would blow quite often and would take some time and be difficult to reconnect at great expense to management.
Isolation procedures would be drawn out and more complex and difficult to deal with than BHP Billiton’s FRCP. This would still not guarantee safe operation.
Lockouts would be frequent and the rectification procedures would require frequent updating and would still not guarantee safe operation. The lock out removal procedures would take considerable time to rewrite and deploy with no guarantee that the change management procedure has not become obsolete in the interim.
PFD’s, P&ID’s and flow charts would require frequent revision and accuracy could still not be guaranteed due to the constantly changing nano technology employed by the device.
The Instruction, Operations and Maintenance manuals would be extensive but at the same time almost obsolete before they are deployed. The quick guide would do more harm than good and would result in almost instantaneous blowing of the fusible link.
Circuit breakers would trip frequently and the reset procedure would be complex and technically difficult to execute without retriping almost instantaneously with no warning. Installing new circuit breakers of higher capacity or with more technical enhance features will still not overcome the problem. In fact it may lead to multiple tripping of all circuit breaks at the same time with little prospect of resetting any in the near future.
Desert Raid 2009, 2011,2015 Tasamania 2010, CSR 2012, 2015
Argentina/Bolivia/Chile 2014
Vietnam 2014
boomer61

Return to General