Introducing myself

Club and BMW related

Introducing myself

Postby BIWOZ » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:28 pm

Hi, I just joined this forum and BMWMCCWA. I'll be mainly lurking for a while until my 2004 1150RT is shipped out from the USA to me. I bought it from my brother-in-law (a US citizen with an Australian residency visa) after we did our NW USA ride last year. If it doesn't come out beforehand, we're going back to ride into the Canadian Rockies next year.

I'm an old fart ... 59 ... with two adult girls and two lovely little grandkids. Interested in touring, photography, shooting (target and hunting). I'm a former teacher and public servant, now Managing Editor with an international educational publishing company in Perth. Published children's author. Been in publishing for 25 years now ... and still love it. Married; the Organic Speed Brake, aka Dearly Beloved, is Di. Ummm ... that's me. I'll be pretty quiet, but I'll be around.

Bruce

Edit: Damn ... I forgot. I currently ride a Yamaha XJ900S Diversion (mine), as well as two DL650 V-Stroms (my S-I-L and B-I-L) in the garage!
BIWOZ

Re: Introducing myself

Postby bmwlefty » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:19 pm

Hi Bruce, welcome to the Club, and the forum.
I hope to catch up with you on one of the many upcoming events
Lefty
bmwlefty

Re: Introducing myself

Postby toni » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:43 pm

Welcome, Bruce. As one of the minority groups (female riders) in this club, let's hope Di is able to get herself out & about, too! Looking forward to meeting you both.

Toni

p.s. come along to a Sunday am breakfast or two at Farrell's - great way to get to know folk.
toni

Return to General