Elsie!!

Club and BMW related

Elsie!!

Postby Swampy » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:12 pm

After giving it much thought I have decided to rename my near new GS "Elsie" as Brian/5 has already laid claim to "Big Red".

The pundits among'st you will see the connection.

And while I am here I would like to wish all the Committee Members and Club Members and their Families a Merry and Safe Christmas and a Happy and Healthy BMW New Year!!

See you on Sunday

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Re: Elsie!!

Postby spacey1 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:46 am

Hi Swamps,

Bet you wish BMW had released this little puppy a little earlier...

Much lower seat height than your Big Girl...

https://www.adventurebikerider.com/bmw-f-900-xr-launch/

BMW F 900 XR 8)
Himalayas Royal Enfield Tour 2017; Camp Cook-Off Winner 2017; Kennedy Ranges; Three Oceans Tour Australia; Hyden-Norseman Breakaways; R1200 series final drive repair; Mt Augustus; Bimbijy Station; Around Oz
spacey1

Postby Swampy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:42 pm

No Spacey, No regrets whatsoever, Just loving Elsie to bits 8)

She may be big and wide but she is oh so much more comfortable and relaxing to ride compared to Harry and dare I say the new untried BMW XR!!

Always loved the boxer engine and not a fan of chain drives so the XR does not appeal to me in any way!

If I were to win Lotto then my first and favourite choice of bike would be the R1250R, Brilliant bike in every way but meantime I am still enjoying throwing the leg of the new girl in my life and when you get to my age mate being able to do so still gives me a thrill :lol:

Swampy

I
Swampy

Postby brian/5 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:44 pm

Swampy
We missed you and Elsie for our Thursday ride. Some discussion if it was due to the rain, work or injury.
I must agree with you that the big boxer has a lot going for it.
Regards
Brian
brian/5

Postby Swampy » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:42 am

Thanks Brian, Would have liked to come on the ride Thursday but it was a combination of Doctors Appointments (work related) and yes the rain also played it's part as it got quite heavy down my way for a while and being the gentleman that I am didn't want to get the new lady in my life down and dirty so early in our relationship!! :roll:

Made up for it yesterday as the weather was perfect and I was free of commitments so convinced Elsie to let her hair down and mooched off to Bullsbrook, Chittering Valley, Toodyay for smoko then scenic ride to Northam, York and back road to The Lakes and home via Mundaring and Roleystone.

Lovely and quiet on the roads and kept everything slow and simple to gently break Elsie in :P Double Demerits also were on my mind :shock:

Thanks Pete for your kind words and yes I think there is a distinct possibility that I will be joining many more Thursday rides in 2020 8)

Swampy
Swampy

Return to General