No need for cooling ride

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

No need for cooling ride

Postby Bozo » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:26 pm

With forecast temperatures of 30 degrees many Sunday riders opted for the Luftstrom (airflow) option jacket but were surprised that for over half of the ride the temperature was under 20 degrees with no sun.

Amongst the chilly 8 were Tom, BillB, Swampy, Peter, Bram, German Paul, Kim and Bozo who headed through the Bickley Valley, past Mundaring Weir (including a traffic light for roadworks) and on to the Chidlow Tavern. There were motorcycles and push bike riders everywhere but not a problem for the group that stayed together well.

After Childow the group travelled via Liberton, Needham and Mayo Roads before getting stuck behind a slow moving convoy of 20 cars travelling to Toodyay. A deviation down Sandplains Road got us into a Harley packed main street of Toodyay.

Most of the group headed north to Coondle for an enjoyable run along Dewars Pool Road to emerge north of Bindoon. Our stray rider was located at the Bindoon Bakery tucking into a roast beef roll. Bindoon still has all sorts of excavations and roadworks to keep the group on its toes as we headed to Blue Plains Road and the Chittering Valley.

Around Toodyay and in the Chittering Valley there was evidence of heavy rain with gravel scree on the roads and eroded roadside drains. The Avon River was flowing very strongly.

It was not until after Bindoon that the sky cleared and the temperature started to rise reaching 30 degrees as we hit Perth.

Thanks to Swampy and Harry for running as Tail End Charlie and the "cool" company.

Bozo
Bozo

Re: No need for cooling ride

Postby Swampy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:40 pm

Thanks Bozo for leading another very enjoyable ride in terrific riding weather and for the excellent company of our traveling companions.

A very good day overall 8)

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Re: No need for cooling ride

Postby Ross Higgins » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:39 pm

What a good ride, should have been there too
Ross Higgins

Return to Rides