Sunday ride

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

Re: Sunday ride

Postby Bozo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:45 pm

Jamie

Its Ant's stock answer to all eastern states camping questions!

Bozo
Bozo

Postby Bozo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:46 pm

Jamie

North Richmond is not at the start of the Putty Road...Australia's best motorcycle ride..is it?

Bozo
Bozo

Postby Swampy » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:49 pm

Jamie, Sorry I missed your departure as I'm down in Albany for a few days.

Good luck mate in your new venture in the East. There is some great motorcycle roads to travel there, one of which is the Putty Road to Singleton where I spent some time as a Firey whilst serving time in the Engineers (ARMY)
Some lovely places to travel through so enjoy yourself when you get time off from the eternal slog.

I hope it works out okay for you and your family and don't forget your mates in the West who are wishing you well.

Warmest Regards

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Postby jls » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:55 pm

Yes out that way
Even the wiffe who's from Hornsby reconds a bike in that area is the way to go :mrgreen:
I'm lucky enough through work to be supplied a vehicle which I will use to negotiate inner Sydney to enjoy a bit of surf with Koos
And being on the door step of some great rides the 1150 GSA will have to do :mrgreen:
jls

Postby KoosWA » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:27 pm

It's a Chapter, not a branch. Secret societies have Chapters not Branches....
KoosWA

Postby jls » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:41 am

Chapters :mrgreen:
Anyway had a long ride east of Balladonia ,day 2 Ceduna in late and stayed at Shelly beach caravan park highly recommended ,day 3 another big day saw me in Broken Hill ,day 4 a short day saw me just south of Dubbo at Wellington at the caravan park ,starting to enjoy the caravan parks with the hot showers and camp kichens the fridges are great for freezing the water for the next day's travel yes it was a hot trip across and I was trying to out run the heat which I managed to do after Broken Hill

Today I took the advice of the caravan park owners at Wellington and headed out to Muggee then down the back roads to lithgo great riding ,the 1150 loving the twisties
Tomorrow I leave Lithgo for Richmond on the Bells fall road to get settled in my new digs ready for work Monday :shock:
jls

Postby Bozo » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:47 pm

Jamie

Glad to hear the Sunday ride went OK....or are you like Digger and saving the dramas for the video.

The daylight saving time change to South Australia is a real pain heading east.

Bozo
Bozo

Postby BillB » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:46 pm

Onya Jamie, sounds like the trek across Oz was a memorable one. Showcases what great bikes BMW makes that can handle trips like this with reliability and comfort. It should be on all BMW bike owners bucket list to do a trip like this it's character building :P
BEWARE .... I'm looking at your teeth .....
R1200 GSA 2009, K1200 LT 1999, Suzuki DR 650 2012, C650GT 2016
BillB

Postby wightman » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:38 pm

Jamie, hope your first day in your new job was up to expectations. We are all thinking of you, mate. Has Koos taken you under his wing yet? You've got to try and get him onto an airhead while you are there. Send us some pictures if you can and let us know when you're back in town. Don't look for a house on the Sydney's north shore, starting prices are around $2m for a shoebox on a handkerchief sized plot. :mrgreen:
wightman

Postby Robbo » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:35 pm

Jamie good to hear you had a great ride over.
Hope work is going good for you see you when you come back visit Perth.
Robbo.
Robbo

Postby goodguy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:38 am

Good to see all going well there Jamie...Cheers...Guy.
goodguy

Postby jls » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:23 pm

Thanks for the well wishes guys
Well Sydney is a big busy place ,drive work drive repeat :shock:
From Lithgow I took the Bells Fall Line road to north Richmond unfortunately it was wet and misty
I'm staying on 10 acres out side north Richmond at Grose vale ,the farm more or less backs onto the bells fall line :mrgreen:
Had the company inductions last week in maitland (Newcastle ) so got to do the putty rd up and back wow diffinatly need to stay focused on that road :lol:
A beautiful day in Sydney today first dry weekend for a while,I need to work out how to get my bike back to the farm at the moment it's down at the offices ,down Baulkan hills way left the bike at the offices to pick up the company car
Lots of bikes heading out my way this morning ,as I was heading down to visit the Bondi icebergs and lunch at the north Bondi RSL :mrgreen:
jls

Postby Bozo » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:32 pm

Jamie

Just a bit on envy on this side of Border Village, just hope you don't feature in an episode of Bondi Rescue.

Have a $10 steak for me.

Bozo
Bozo

Postby Swampy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:19 pm

Goodonya Jamie, I told you the Putty road was a ripper, I'm more then a little envious mate!! :mrgreen:

Hope it all goes swimmingly for you at Bondi today while we enjoy thunderstorms and rain.

Take Care and Enjoy

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Previous

Return to Rides