Mornington Bridgetown Ride

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

Mornington Bridgetown Ride

Postby Bozo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:11 pm

A spur of the moment decision to spend the day flicking the bike from corner to corner than sitting on the lounge with the remote flicking from channel to channel.

Left at Cookie time and was quickly down to the Dorsett Road turn off, on to Coronation Road and then a short cut to South West Highway on Somers Road. Passing though Harvey I turned off at Mornington Road at Wokalup for a brilliant kangaroo free ride to Collie. Some interesting road works meant a short off road ride for the RT on a dodgy track. From Collie I took the Cardiff Macalinden Road to get onto the Boyup Brook Road. From Boyup Brook to Bridgetown for a pie at the Bakery. The Blackwood River was flowing strongly and there was no traffic to spoil the stunning Bridgetown Nannup ride.

Up until Bridgetown the temperature was very pleasant between 22 degrees and 30 degrees.

A coffee at the Blackwood Café where I ran into a group of motorcycle riders from Margaret River. Deviating onto the Cundinup Road to emerge at Jarrahwood as the temperature climbed to 38 degrees. As I dropped onto the coastal plain near Busselton it had dropped to 31 degrees. Trying to stay near the coast I went via Port Geographe, Lowden and Peppermint Grove before re-joining the South West Highway via Roberts Road. I made a mistake by heading inland to Boyanup where the temperature climbed to 38 degrees and I was stuck in road-works.

The ambient temperature and radiant heat were sufficient to make the bitumen sticky giving some interesting cornering when you hit the black spots made by heavy traffic.

The temperature hit 40 degrees at Kwinana as I managed to hit Perth at the hottest part of the day.

644 kilometres and back in Perth by 3:40 pm to sit on the lounge with the remote to watch the footy and the cricket...who said you can not have it all.

Bozo
Bozo

Re: Mornington Bridgetown Ride

Postby Bozo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:54 pm

Mid morning at Boyup Brook.

Not a cloud in the sky and the country having a green tinge.

Bozo
Bozo

Postby Bozo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:02 pm

Busselton Jetty...town was packed.

Bozo
Bozo

Postby jls » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:12 pm

Onya Chris
Plenty of water around ,which is a rare treat for us west Aussies
Thought I better ring the shire about road conditions between Hayden /Norseman
Reply plenty of water but the roads are open ,a few places near the mines where the water did run across and erode ,but other wise ok
Lake Johnson should be a treat to see
Gotta love country folk ,I did ring this morning which is after hours ,and ended up talking to the works supervisor for about 15 mins great hospitality and extremely helpful
:mrgreen:
jls

Postby Bozo » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:13 pm

Great idea stopping traffic flow in both directions on a week end on a major road to Bunbury to do repairs.

Bozo
Bozo

Return to Rides