Bozo's Bermuda Triangle

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

Bozo's Bermuda Triangle

Postby Bozo » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:44 pm

A great roll up at Catalano's with a healthy showing of name tags despite Swampy's absence. Some riders were paired as in the case of "Dinga" and Dinga's Belle".

There was still "Reklaw Syndrome" discussion with a suggestion that our President become Onoj wan Kenobi. I am thing of changing my handle to the palindrome "Abba" as it is not vulnerable to the "Reklaw Syndrome". I think it suits as I used to be all together and now I am just a bunch of different personalities.

Eight motorcycles took BillB, GS Bill + Trish, Wightman, Kim, German Paul, Peter, his Royal Griceness and Bozo for an excursion along the shaded roads of the Darling Scarp. Bozo's Bermuda Triangle is bounded by Canning Road, Canning Mills Road and Brookton Highway. Twice this month he had led rides on unintended routes through this area. All was going well along Canning Road, Canning Mills Road and Chevin Road until Bozo spontaneously decided to take Peet Road so we could use the Croyden Road access to Araluen. In Roleystone roads change names going straight and keep their names turning corners and it was not long before we had a conga line of confused riders. Hitting Brookton Highway, Bozo headed for the safety of the regular route, Gardiner Road and took the group past Canning Dam and down Byfordale Hill to Byford. A quick blast down the South West Highway and the grumbling group travelled a short distance over gravel road works on Del Park Road.

There were mobs of motorcyclists out and the group had one of the slowest rides ever along Nanga Brook Road. A motorcycle group were travelling in formation, two abreast, at 20 km below the posted limit. They blocked motorcycles from passing and the situation was compounded by a slow moving trailer and a similar camper van.

A pie at the Pinjarra Bakery at Waroona was followed by another crossing of the East Coolup Bridge to travel to Pinjarra via Burnside Road.

Return to Perth was via Corio Road, Hopelands Road and Kargotich Road with an excursion to the treed twisty corners of Lightbody Road.

The weather was brilliant for a Perth summer with it being under 30 degrees all the way to Waroona and just a bit hotter on the way back. A very happy group apart from grumbling about the gravel.

Thanks to HRG (His Royal Griceness) for doing tail end Charlie duties and to Wightman for the photos that I will post in a minute.

Bozo
Bozo

Re: Bozo's Bermuda Triangle

Postby Bozo » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:19 pm

The life of Pie, BMW Motorcycle Club style (picture courtesy of Wightman)

Bozo
Bozo

Postby Bozo » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:25 pm

A Cupric Gold Airhead stands out amongst the greys and blues of the Oilheads at Waroona (photo courtesy Wightman)

Bozo
Bozo

Postby Bozo » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:34 pm

Married at first sight comes to Waroona (picture courtesy Wightman)

Bozo
Bozo

Return to Rides