SUNDAY WITHOUT BOZO RIDE

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

SUNDAY WITHOUT BOZO RIDE

Postby BillB » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:30 pm

As our esteemed Sunday ride leader was missing in action, 7 riders followed BillB who decided to lead a North East then Western ride along Chittering Valley, Bindoon( without a pie stop), West to GinGin and then further West to the Indian Ocean Drive to Lancelin. This ride was put on hold after the planned Tavern lunch that was previously going to take place during the Xmas break didn't happen due to not attracting any takers. BillB decided it was a good opportunity for this ride to be re-visited as a Sunday ride.
The group got split up at some bridge building work that had one-way traffic lights operating with traffic banked up each side for about a km. Those that didn't decide to ride past the banked up traffic were left behind by the 4 riders that did resulting in that group not sure where the lead riders where and them then riding into Guilderton looking for the lead group who were following the ride leader to the "announced" destination at the Lancelin Tavern. The lead group waited 15min for the stragglers and then decided to venture forth as a thirst and hunger was prevailing and we reasoned they would eventually show up. They eventually did appear at the Tavern while the lead group was talking with a Victorian Beemer rider who was over in Perth with the German ship building coy putting in a tender for defence warship building. He was riding a 5000km2016 R1200 S that German Paul and himself were negotiating a swap for Paul's R1200GS as each wanted each other's bike. The deal was still under negotiation when we departed for home.
The group had a great lunch at the Best Beer Garden Tavern in Australia. After a hour or so we decided to reluctantly leave for the trip home. Herman and Dave decided to accompany the Victorian guy further up the road to the Pinicles and the rest headed home for a 360km very pleasant round trip.
Thanks for Swampy acting as Tail End Charlie.

The group got stuck into food drink and camaraderie in the Best beer garden in Oz

A beautiful pre Autumn day, thou it got up to 34* on the trip home
Last edited by BillB on Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BEWARE .... I'm looking at your teeth .....
R1200 GSA 2009, K1200 LT 1999, Suzuki DR 650 2012, C650GT 2016
BillB

Re: SUNDAY WITHOUT BOZO RIDE

Postby Bozo » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:23 pm

Bill
Thanks for taking the initiative and getting a group to head out on a ride.

No ride for me today but I did have a pie at the Tivoli Bakery in Melbourne and a coffee at a motorcycle cafe on Port Phillip Bay.

Cafe Moto at Carrum is worth a stop if you are heading down to the Mornington Peninsula.

Saw an 800 BMW GS doing 80 kph down Bourke Street. It was a medi motorcycle and had lights and sirens at full setting. Clearly able to travel through Melbourne much faster than an ambulance.

Bozo
Bozo

Postby Swampy » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:09 pm

Yeah Thanks for leading the ride Bill seeing as no one else wanted to take it on!! :lol:

A good ride and a good group of riders forayed out into the Northern Wilderness taking in some of the Chittering Valley and Bindoon before venturing towards the coast and the traffic snarl at the Bridge works just South of the turn off too Moore River.

May have been a good idea to have done a Bozo at Cat's and called out to everyone your intentions to go to Lancelin Bill as none of the 3 of us in the vanguard stuck at the bridge works were aware your final destination was Lancelin apart from the fact we were heading North.

As a result we headed off to Moore River to see if you had lobbed there as there was no back marker!!

However we enjoyed the side trip before joining the rest of the happy throng in Lancelin.

Good company, food, drink and a nice sea breeze cooled everyone down before venturing back to the big smoke and our respective homes.

I personally clocked up close to 500ks for the trip.

Thanks to all for the company.

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Postby KoosWA » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:12 pm

Hi Bozo
I was around Bourke st today, visiting my daughter in Melbourne. Similar GS800 paramedic was spotted later in Brunswick st.
KoosWA

Postby Bozo » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:25 pm

Koos
Good time to be in Melbourne with the wine and food festival on.

I had breakfast on Saturday with the BMW Club in Albert Park then went to the BMW Southbank open day.

Head home tomorrow but will be back with the GSA. Planning to visit NSW in a few weeks.

Bozo
Bozo

Postby KoosWA » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:03 pm

I was only there for Saturday & Sunday. Let me know when you get to NSW.

You can always join a NSW Chapter meeting.

Normal programming can now continue....
KoosWA

Postby BillB » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:13 pm

Hermann sent this to me to add to the thread :P
So from Lancelin, Daniel (new chum), Ken and Hermann decided to explore the Pinacles desert and went home the long way via Cataby where a bike refill and personal hydration was indulged in. Hot with 36.5 deg showing on the gauge.
Long ride home but worth it with beautiful colours at the pinacles and also plenty of banksias still in partial bloom on the roadside.
BEWARE .... I'm looking at your teeth .....
R1200 GSA 2009, K1200 LT 1999, Suzuki DR 650 2012, C650GT 2016
BillB

Return to Rides