Sunday Ride - Collie TT

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

Sunday Ride - Collie TT

Postby brian/5 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:17 pm

I am planning on riding down to Collie Motoplex for the Historic TT Racing Sunday 16th
Depart from Dome around 8:45 with a coffee and refuelling stop at Collie before
heading out to the track.

Anyone wanting a shorter ride will need to organise their own as Bozo will be absent.

Brian/5
brian/5

Re: Sunday Ride - Collie TT

Postby Cookie » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:19 pm

Hello Brian

I am debating whether to go to Northam to watch my mate run his F350 at the dirt drags and get home by mid afternoon, or join you for the ride to Collie and watch another mate with his Ducati.

Too many choices...
Regards
Cookie
R1200RT
F650GS
TY175
Cookie

Postby Bozo » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:49 pm

Not as many choices in Mount Magnet!

Bozo
Bozo

Postby theape » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:35 am

As I have some other commitments on Sunday I rode down yesterday.
I travelled via Forest Hwy, across to Waroona,left up Mornington Rd at Wokalup by the Ag College or is that Pulakow? Watch out for the 4wd convoys crossing the road..
There is a little dog leg at Gastaldo Rd to be aware of, in Collie I stopped at Jax Diner on the edge of town, great food and excellent coffee at the corner of Moira Rd and Atkinson St North, tell them I sent you.
There is food and drink available at the circuit in the pits, but you need to get in before the track calls lunch and the hordes arrive.
Lots of fine machines to gawk at and lust over.
Its an easy 2.5 hrs from town travelling that way. Caltex in the Main Drag at Collie, no BP in town.
Enjoy the day, the stand out for me was Mornington Rd.
Cheers
Alex
theape

Postby brian/5 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:15 pm

A smaller crowd this morning at the Dome, no one was interested in a ride to Collie so went solo. The trip down was via Hopeland and Mornington roads. On a advice from Alex stopped for morning tea at the newly opened Jax Diner in Collie. I agree with his recommendation, great ambience, coffee & food. It is on the corner of Atkinson & Johnston Streets.

Joined the queue, refuelled and carried on to the Motorplex. Watched some of the racing and had a look at the bikes, a few good old ones, mostly more modern types with some showing signs of being dropped.

Decided to return home via the Wellington Dam, exited via River, Pile and Henty roads back to the South Western Hwy. All the campsites were filled and the picnic areas around the Dam were well attended despite this however there was very little traffic on the roads.

At Wokalup turned left and carried on north via Government, Eckersley Roads, returning to the S.W.Hwy north of Yarloop on Kaus Rd. Nearing Pinjarra the traffic was banking up due to a few campervans so took Hopeland road back to Tonkin. Hopeland road was a nearly empty, only needing to pass one vehicle to have a empty road in my direction. Only a few were going in the opposite direction.
Overall 480kms covered, the weather just right, sorry Guy no photo’s.

Brian
brian/5

Return to Rides