Bozo Across Australia

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

Re: Bozo Across Australia

Postby Bozo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:47 pm

Another rain free day of magnificent motorcycle rides.
Leaving Yass I turned off at Coolac to take the Darbalara Road along the Murrumbidgee through Brungle to Tumut.
The classic motorcycle road from Tumut through Batlow to Tooma was excellent being mostly dry and having stunning scenery. Deviating via Tintaldra and following the Murray River another excellent ride through Walwa and Granya before climbing Mount Granya to reach Tallangatta. Then through Tambalanga into the Kiewa Valley to Bright past snow capped peaks.

Temperature averaged 8 degrees with only one section of road being suspect for frost. Low cloud briefly reduced visibility to 50 metres but very little fog.

Most enjoyable ride along many new roads made possible by the dry weather. Saw the sun for 15 minutes but was very comfortable with the cool cloudy weather.

Bozo
Bozo

Postby Swampy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:41 pm

Well done Bozo, Another leg of your incredible journey just about complete.

I guess you will be parking up the road weary GS tomorrow and catching the red eye back to Perth in time for another brekkie at Cat's on Sunday if your old bones can take it? :lol:

Take care and will see you soon.

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Postby Bozo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:50 pm

Swampy
It is a bit tight to get back to Perth for the Sunday schemozzle.

Have to miss another WA bakery run.

Looks like great riding weather. Enjoy the warmth

Bozo
Bozo

Postby Bozo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:33 pm

Continued mining the rich vein of rides in Victoria by riding up Mount Buffalo for stunning Valley views and a mix of exhilaration and concern. Travelled to Myrtleford and then Milawa before taking the prime motorcycle road from Whitfield to Mansfield. Took the road past Bonnie Doon to Yea and then through the Great Dividing Range to the Yarra Valley. A slow slog from Lilydale to Melbourne.

More great rides today with stunning scenery and two good bakeries with four wineries thrown in. Not a bad end to this leg of the trip.

Hope you have a good roll up and an interesting ride Sunday.

Bozo
Bozo

Postby reklaw » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:38 pm

Bozo
Have you managed to squeeze in the Omeo hwy, C543?
It's a wee ripper.
reklaw

Postby Bozo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:51 pm

Reklaw
I did Bairnsdale - Omeo, Omeo - Myrtleford, Omeo - Talangatta, Buchan - Jindabyne two years ago.
This trip I re-rode Cann River - Bombala and Jindabyne - Khancoban.
As you are aware something's are better backwards so Omeo is still on the radar.
I agree that these are all stunning rides.
Bozo
Bozo

Postby Bozo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:18 pm

Reklaw
What I meant was that riding a road in a different direction can make it seem like a completely changed ride. I could see myself doing Talangatta to Bairnsdale via Omeo soon.
Bozo
Bozo

Postby spacey1 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Bozo rode to the top of Mount Buffalo today. 200 metres of frost/ice on the road at 1300 metres. Temp was 2.5 degrees. The only snow I saw was the little white specks in the top left hand corner.
Well placed signs.

Crystal Brook, Mt Buffalo
Kennedy Ranges; Three Oceans Tour: Indian, Great Southern, and Pacific; Hyden-Norseman Breakaways; Dumbleyung; R1200 series final drives; BMW MCC WA 40th Anniversary 2014; Camp Cook Off 2014 / 2013; Mt Augustus; Bimbijy Station; Around Oz
spacey1

Postby Bozo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:07 pm

Excellent that a group headed out on Sunday thanks to Swampy.

I had a mooch around Melbourne day on Sunday.

Today I commuted down the M1 to Winchelsea before deviating into the Oxleys via Bambra, Dean's Marsh and Birregurra before going back to Colac. Took the multi cornered Colac Lavers Hill Road to get to the Great Ocean Road and then travelling via Apollo Bay and Lorne to get to Barwon Heads.

The Great Ocean Road was excellent being pretty dry and minimal traffic. The roadworks after Lorne were a nuisance.

Good to do a bit of the Bellarine Peninsula and finally get to the attractive Portarlington.

Another great days ride taking my motorcycling for the three legs to over 14,000 kms.

Good to get out and see Australia.

Bozo
Bozo

Postby McFarkle » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:22 pm

Bozo, are you heading to Phillip Island?
McFarkle
McFarkle

Postby Bozo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:33 pm

Dave
Good to have a chat but ran out of time this trip. Let you know when I am back again.
Bozo
Bozo

Postby Bozo » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:12 am

One of the joys of riding to new places is unexpected opportunity.

I had expected that the Mount Panorama would be closed for an event but discovered to my delight that it was operating as street access.

The track up to Skyline and beyond is amazing with such a steep climb and then a narrow concrete canyon for a descent into blind corners. How cars can do it at the speeds they are able to is amazing. Having done one lap I quickly did another but still could not manage much more than the speed limit going down the mountain and keeping to my half of the road (vehicles were travelling in the opposite direction).

I think this is my 1,000th post so it is appropriate that it relates to the Bathurst 1000.

Bozo
Bozo

Previous

Return to Rides