No Bozo Ride

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

No Bozo Ride

Postby brian/5 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:28 pm

No Bozo this Sunday
BillB asking if anyone interested in a dirt hills ride.
There is Historic Motorcycle racing at the Collie Motorplex this weekend. So another option is a ride to Collie to view the racing and be back mid to late afternoon.

Brian/5
brian/5

Re: No Bozo Ride

Postby Swampy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:41 pm

It was an overcast grey sky that saw an excellent large group of club members gather at Cat's this morning.

Brian/5 put up his hand to lead a group of riders along Tonkin Hwy, Kargotich Rd and Del Park Rd too Dwellingup.

Joining us on the ride was Brian Bolton, Peter and May, Carl, German Paul, Trevor, Wes and Braam.
It was a welcome stop at Dwellingup for those of us without heated grips/seats and for those with one cup too many at Cat's :shock:

Once warmed a little Brian/5 led us along Nanga Brook Rd through some lovely twisty windy roads too Waroona where he parted company from the group and headed off solo too Collie.

After taking some tasty refreshments I led the main group back home via Karnet, Serpentine Dam, Jarrahdale and further along the scarp to Byford where the group split to head for their homes.

Thanks to Brian/5 for taking the lead in Bozo's absence and it was a very cheery happy group of riders that joined us for the ride.

The only downside was comments from a "couple" who shall remain nameless(For the moment) who mentioned the fact that someone in the group of BMW's was riding a "Honda" and that someone replied to that comment "Is why I ride at the rear so as not to embarrass the group" :cry: :cry: :cry:

It's okay Peter and May I shall be fully recovered from your barbs by next Sunday and you will hopefully have some well deserved payback served up to you if your game to show your faces? :lol:

Thanks for the day and company guys and doll

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Postby Bozo » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:43 pm

Just completed one of Australia's best motorcycle roads - the Oxley Highway from Walcha to Wauchope. 300 corners with advisory speeds of 55 kph to 25 kph. Shame I was going downhill and the road was saturated. Still impressive even though I finished it in the dark. Over 40 kms of corners with massive elevation changes.
Bozo
Bozo

Postby Swampy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:52 pm

Bozo, Did you mention it was very, very wet as well over their whilst we poor paupers in Perth had lovely biking weather today albeit a little overcast? :lol:

And was it enough to wash the mud and clay off? :roll:

Regards

Swampy
Swampy

Postby Bozo » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:52 pm

Swampy
Was woken up by very heavy rain and then saw your post.
Yes it has been wet but my gear has worked well. Lost the rear a few times mainly accelerating to pass going up hills and the ASC has been useful. It was not so useful when I lost both the front and the rear going down hill on a highway exit reducing speed from 100 kph to zero and running across a cattle grid. I gathered the bike up quickly but ASC shut the engine down as I had no throttle and it took a few minutes to get the engine to fire again whilst I looked anxiously in the mirrors for vehicles.
The main surprise is that they sign "gravel road" as rough road and it is a green grey and hard to distinguish from bitumen and in the heavy rain is very slippery particularly downhill.
The forecast for Monday is not good. It may be the banana suit as I head to banana country.
Bozo

Postby Swampy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:13 am

Bozo, Pretty scarey stuff and the roads in NSW are not well sign posted with advisory signs which can catch you unaware if your not on the ball, especially as we are so used to an abundance of them on WA roads and take them for granted.

It seems like your adrenaline has been pumping at it's limit on more then one occasion and that's not advisable for a guy of your advancing age old chap :lol:

But all in all it sounds like you are really enjoying yourself over there despite the weather so continue to have fun mate and keep us informed of your ongoing adventures 8)

PS; I think "Profoundly Disturbed" would probably disagree at the moment but it seems bitumen may be a bit more dangerous in the conditions you are enduring at the moment then the dirt? :shock:

Regards

Swampy
Swampy

Return to Rides