Safari bookings open now.

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

Re: Safari bookings open now.

Postby BillB » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:09 am

BMW SAFARI Off Road Training Information for Safari riders participating in the course.
Thanks for your registration to participate in the Pre-Safari BMW Off Road Training. This document will provide you with all the information needed to prepare you for this 2 day training session.

The ORT location has now been confirmed. Situated within the Mundaring State Forest at the corner of Flynn Rd & Yetar Rd, Malmalling WA 6556. There is a wide variety of riding surfaces and terrain variation to help ensure you get the most out of the 2 day training session.

We start at 8:30am Saturday 7th October. We will have BMW flags marked at the turn point of the Great Eastern Hwy and Flynn Road and again along the way in. After an initial introduction we will get down to business. Training will run through to approximately 4:00pm on the first day. The start time is the same for day two however we generally finish a little earlier as riders are keen to attend Safari sign in and prepare for the welcome dinner.

Lunch along with morning and afternoon tea will be provided each day. We recommend that you consider bringing a hat, sunscreen and your hydration pack full of water. Toilet facilities will be located at the local truck stop which is a short ride away.

If you require accommodation for either Friday or Saturday night, there are several options in the nearby township of Mundaring or you could ride in from the Safari base at The Crown Promenade Hotel (52km). You will need to make your own accommodation arrangements if required. Your BMW Safari accommodation starts on Sunday night at the Crown Promenade Hotel, Burswood.

Other information about riding gear etc. can be found on the BMW Safari website. If you haven’t read this before, please check it out.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Kind regards,
The BMW Safari Team.
BEWARE .... I'm looking at your teeth .....
R1200 GSA 2009, K1200 LT 1999, Suzuki DR 650 2012, C650GT 2016
BillB

Re: Safari bookings open now.

Postby Digger » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:44 am

My SPOT Tracker link...activated from Monday morning 9th. I am doing the GS route.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/face ... UCtYLNPufa

As this is a joint GS/TS Safari, one of the TS Riders might wanna put up their SPOT link so others can keep an eye on them.

See you at the finish.
:P
You don't have to have a long neck...to be a goose

My YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/budgetmovies
(Mongrel Dog Productions)
Digger

Previous

Return to Rides