BillB spot tracker to Gabyon station

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

BillB spot tracker to Gabyon station

Postby BillB » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:39 pm

BEWARE .... I'm looking at your teeth .....
R1200 GSA 2009, K1200 LT 1999, Suzuki DR 650 2012, C650GT 2016
BillB

Re: BillB spot tracker to Gabyon station

Postby Digger » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:58 pm

You might have turned it on, but I don't think you pressed the 'tracking' button. I couldn't see any thing on Saturday.
You don't have to have a long neck...to be a goose

My YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/budgetmovies
(Mongrel Dog Productions)
Digger

Postby BillB » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:46 pm

Many apologies to those that tried following my spot tracker to the camp cook-off destination. Digger was correct, in my haste to depart in the wee hours of Sat morning, I pressed the on button on the ST, forgetting to press the track button which has to be pressed so that the ST can fill out details for the web site.
Doris who I had indicated she could follow us with the ST was also left in the dark with what was happening to the ST web site I had left with her. She told me she was somewhat concerned.
The ride up was fairly wet till we got to Threesprings, then it only had the occasional light shower with black skies looking like they would unload at any moment which put some of the riders that were going to go dirt sticking to the black top till arriving at the 17 km dirt ride into the station.
Sat night was rain free and following the cook-off event, everyone spent time sitting around a great roaring campfire spinning many yarns and stories with probably too much wine consumed. There were only 3 members that put up tents the rest slumed it in real beds in the shearer quarters. The judges of the CO didn't seem to take this into consideration with their judging, with those not lugging around camping gear having more room for their CO bits and pieces and carring less weight.
Nev Spacey took off first prize, Red Emperor Eddy second, myself 3rd and everyone else received prizes for their efforts.
The Sunday morning had most of the crew going down to the homestead for a hearty breakfast cooked by the station owners Mike and Helen.
There was an exodus of most of the crew returning home with a few deciding to stay another day.
Those returning today rode in continuous rain ranging from drenching heavy to light showers. This made riding the rather heavy laden bike( with all the gear needed for a real camp cook off such as camping gear) a bit hairy when arriving back in the city traffic. I had a front wheel slide at the Joondalup/ Burns Beach Rd round-about due to knobbly front tyre and very heavy loaded panniers and a big bag of camping gear.
Overall a great club event and many thanks to all the donors of the prizes AC. And Motorad among the main sponsors, the judges JP and crew who did a great job, judging, and Cookie for organising the event.
BillB

Postby BillB » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:18 pm

BillB

Return to Rides