Next Sunday ride has to include a bakery

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

Next Sunday ride has to include a bakery

Postby Bozo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:34 pm

Good roll up to Catalano's this morning.

Robin and His Royal Griceness left early to do a 700km lap in a day on a real GS and an Urban GS. I suspect Chris will be missing his 1200GS by the time he hits Nannup.

Dinga was back from his trip east and was keen to get one up on Bozo on the best bakeries.

BillB, German Paul, Dinga, Peter, Bolton and Bozo headed off on a short ride to Millbrook Winery. After camping for 10 minutes at a rail crossing and being distracted by a slow moving pony car (5 litres but two star safety rating) we got into the sweeping bends of Canning Road before taking a slow descent down the scarp on Canning Mills Road before doubling back on Chevin Road. By Gardiner Road we had lost a rider but he was found by the time the group got to Croyden Road. A flip through Lady McNess Drive and soon we were at Albany Highway. The group turned off on Jarrahdale Road and all safely arrived at Millbrook Winery though there were a few moments on slow speed gravel covered corners and getting parked up.

Underwhelmed by the coffee and cake one member headed to Serpentine Dam Café whilst the rest returned to Byford via Nettleton Road. One the way out we came across a 4WD stranded on some lateritic boulders but it seemed to be being sorted so we rode on.

The hills were pleasantly cool but it hit 36 degrees on the coastal plain on the way back.

Although members of the group were diplomatic there was a strong undercurrent that coffee and cake does not cut it for a Sunday Ride.

Toodyay Bakery next Sunday?

In deference to Swampy we operated without a tail end Charlie.

Good to get out for a short ride.

Bozo
Bozo

Re: Next Sunday ride has to include a bakery

Postby Swampy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:00 pm

Back next week Bozo 8)

I still like Bakeries included in a ride, After all you have to feed the inner man and that's why I got married..........twice :lol:

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Postby BillB » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:50 am

Bozo rides can be painfull. Leg injury as a result of 360kg K1200 LT falling over in gravel carpark :oops:

BEWARE .... I'm looking at your teeth .....
R1200 GSA 2009, K1200 LT 1999, Suzuki DR 650 2012, C650GT 2016
BillB

Postby Bozo » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:14 am

Bill

Sorry to hear that the bike drop caused a painful injury. Hope it sorts itself out quickly.

Bozo
Bozo

Return to Rides