Pop the Champagne later ride

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

Pop the Champagne later ride

Postby Bozo » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:12 pm

Another large turnout for the novelty of parking BMW's in the Funeral Vehicles only bay.

Jamie again, a pair of Cairns ex police bikes, a brace of HP2's and a duo of Hondas and a panoply of iconic airheads were included in the assembled group. Members tended to group by Christian name with three Ross's, three Chris's, and two David's being proximate to each other.

Ten riders and a pillion ran the double demerit gauntlet by scooting around the airport and up to Kalamunda. German Paul, Wes, David, Prof Dist, Drew, Ross, Rob, Peter+May, Swampy and Bozo trailed a slow moving sedan to Mundaring Weir. Between Mundaring and Sawyers Valley was the first radar followed by two policemen and a radar gun at Sawyers Valley and a police car at the Lakes. Lots of lycra but it did not impact our enjoyment of the shaded roads. It was a joy to turn on to the lightly trafficked Yarra Road/Talbot West Road and swing through the sweeping bends before taking the narrower Talbot/Knotts Road to York. Massive numbers of Corellas and Pink and Grey Galahs threatened to impact the plastics on the bikes as we reached the grain storage bins at York. A restrained ride through Spencers Brook and Clackline got us to Bakers Hill for rehydration and calorific fuelling. Most headed home along Coates Road and Government Road before the ride ended at Mundaring.

Thanks to Swampy for acting as tail end Charlie and for his happy positive participation in rides through the year in contrast to his blood type.

Yes Robbo, a few did turn up.

Happy 2018.

Bozo
Bozo

Re: Pop the Champagne later ride

Postby Swampy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:16 pm

Cheers Bozo for leading us on such a positive note all year and a Happy New Year to all that have made this club a treat to belong too over the last 12 months and over the the past few years 8)

PS: It would be nice to see Ahab join us again in the new year to add some spice to the Club!!

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Return to Rides