White Pointer spotted at Catalanos

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

White Pointer spotted at Catalanos

Postby Bozo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:39 pm

There was clear agitation amongst the day trippers on the pavement at Catalano's this morning.

A Prankster was the first to spot the 2.28 metre, 230 kilogram white pointer just off the kerb and was alerting nearby bike owners that they could be affected. Symptoms of persons bitten in a white pointer attack include the need to endlessly polish and clean in between playing the drums. Swampy could not be baited and headed out to see with six other riders.

Goldie (its a fake), Wightman, Prof Dist (taking up golf), Peter (with the shining Blue Mei Co shark, or blue pointer), BillB (no more roundabouts) Bozo and Swampy headed up the scarp to Lesmurdie, along Canning Road, down Canning Mills Road to taking Tonkin Highway to Thomas Road.

Down Kargotich to Mundijong Road then Lightbody Road to Lowlands Road and Rapids Road. A short section of Karnup Road before turning on to Punrak Road and Hopeland Road. At Corio Road we came across a group of Harley riders who were happy to pass us by well exceeding the speed limit but were unhappy to be passed when their bikes could not turn as well into the sweeping corners. Goldie led us to Old Mandurah Road and down Wanjeep Street to pass through Coodanup with just enough roundabouts to keep BillB happy.

Swampy had to cable tie the white pointer side stand to stop it bolting for the ocean.

BillB (this is not even the best bakery in Mandurah) noted the price of the garlic prawn pie had skyrocketed. Bozo announced the name of his recently purchased RT as Gecko and the group guessed at the logic....it stops you being a lounge lizard...you are putting Bridgestone tyres on it....the exhaust barks....it climbs steep slopes easily. Swampy plucked an archer joke out of his Agincourt arsenal, Prof Dist went high tech, Goldie explained paint schemes, Peter gave us a one liner story and Bozo showed off his cap holder.

Four T bikes (3xRT and 1xLT) continued the ride around the estuary and across to Coolup. Loose stones on the road from road works made the ride interesting. Coolup was abuzz with an event at the equestrian centre as we headed up Coolup Road East and up the Pinjarra Williams Road to Dwellingup.

A short break in the shade listening to sounds from a nearby Sheeran Shed interspersed with grumbles from BillB about concerts before heading down the hill. A large stretch of road works was still underway with a long gravel and limestone section.

A quick run up the South West Highway and home.

Massive numbers of boats on the Peel Inlet and lots of cyclists out but thankfully going in the other direction. Traffic was not too much of a problem other than a plum coloured ute that lost control and gave one of the group a shock.

It was cool heading south with temperatures under 28 degrees only climbing when we crossed the Forrest Highway.

Good to get out even if there was a shark or sharks in our midst. Thanks to the Ape (aka hammerhead for his delicate use of that piece of equipment) for adding to the day's humour and for Swampy, on the white pointer, for circling around the back of the pack ready to attack any stray riders.

Bozo
Last edited by Bozo on Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bozo

Re: White Pointer spotted at Catalanos

Postby Swampy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:07 pm

Bozo,
I on this occasion will not rise to take the bait or bite, Instead I will leave it to Pete on his Blue Pointer or even BillB on his Bronze Whaler to snap a reply :lol:
Thank you Alex for providing us all with a good laugh this morning, I may be having shark fin soup for tea tonight if my wife finds a way to fillet the fin :shock:

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Postby Bozo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:32 pm

White Pointer Photo courtesy Wightman
Bozo
Bozo

Postby Bozo » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:34 pm

Swampy
I thought all Scandinavians got on well...what is a Dane doing filleting a Finn?
Bozo
Bozo

Postby Swampy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:50 pm

Haven't you heard of the European Common Market where it is common practice to fillet your neighbours 8) ??

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Return to Rides