Extinction rebellion over species attrition

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

Extinction rebellion over species attrition

Postby Bozo » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:47 pm

The Sunday BMW Bozo rider is a species under threat.

Despite having a wide habitat and seeming to be omnivorous, numbers seem to decline at an alarming rate.

The Sunday gathering of activists only had seven of the species engage in the weekly migration to a nearby feeding site.

Chopper Al, Nannup Nick, Andrew, Emperor Eddie, Peter, Swampy and Bozo took a traditional flight path through Lesmurdie to Canning Road before descending down Canning Mills Road to Tonkin Highway. Shortly after Swampy disappeared possibly suffering heat stress from still having his winter plumage (exacerbated by having multiple jackets). A run down Rowley Road and Nannup Nick also separated from the flock. Peter thought he might have just been tyred.

A quick roost at Naval Base inspired a deviation to the Australian Marine complex to visit a sub-species. Andrew spun out from the wheeling flock leaving only four.

Back past Wells Beach and Rockingham, with a noticeable lack of colonies of shore birds, before a stop to sniff the roses at Point Peron.

A run past Safety Bay before passing through Mandurah to the Miami Bakehouse at Falcon. The group descended on the pies like seagulls on a chip before migrating south around the perimeter of Peel Inlet. A run through Coolup to Burnside Road and on to Pinjarra. Once on Corio Road the group flew in formation back to Perth.

Thanks to Peter for being the Red Tail.

Bozo
Bozo

Re: Extinction rebellion over species attrition

Postby pspencer » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:07 am

Red tail mmm? Thanks to the leader of the herd Bozo Bison for leading us to rich feeding pastures in Falcon.
pspencer

Postby Raider » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:08 pm

Important news!

There have apparently been five mass extinction events on planet earth. These reportedly commenced way back two-plus billion years or-so ago with the arrival of the first single celled organisms. I can’t verify this but I suspect there are more - we just haven’t got access to sufficient fossil records from early earth history rocks to confirm this hypothesis. Recorded mass extinctions occurred in the Ordovician-Silurian, the Late Devonian, the Permian-Triassic, the Triassic-Jurassic and the Cretaceous-Paleogene periods.

It is no accident these relatively recent, by planet earth standards, recorded mass extinctions post-date the first appearance of six carbon-dioxides (colourless, odourless gas) pairing with six waters (stirred but not broken) and after being enlightened with four-to-eight micrometer band electromagnetic energy from the sun, producing glucose and six oxygens. Not just once but multiple times…

Glucose is a key component of the carbon-based food and organism web associated with our planet earth. It holds energy from the sun - witness a chunk of coal taken from your pocket and ignited, that sun’s energy is released by way of heat after the carbon in the glucose is re-combined with oxygen gas. It is the precursor for ALL organic molecules in organisms. Haha…Including those extinguished during mass extinction events!

That brings me back to those five mass extinction events AND to the BMW MCC WA Sunday ride reported by Mr Bozo under the banner “Extinction rebellion over species attrition”. Is it possible that this club’s illustrious ride reporter has reported on this clubs web site news of the SIXTH mass extinction event?

I anticipate this breaking scientific news will shortly be picked up by the ABC and widely reported.

Raider
Raider

Postby spacey1 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:46 pm

Some would suggest that the mass extinction made front page news yesterday Monday October 21, 2019.

Himalayas Royal Enfield Tour 2017; Camp Cook-Off Winner 2017; Kennedy Ranges; Three Oceans Tour Australia; Hyden-Norseman Breakaways; R1200 series final drive repair; Mt Augustus; Bimbijy Station; Around Oz
spacey1

Postby Bozo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:46 pm

Raider
I suspect that my colleagues know more about glucosamine than glucose and carbon.
Bozo
Bozo

Postby nickcoleman » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:00 pm

Nannup Nick was making like the proverbial tiger and scurrying out of view, to be the subject of myths and campfire stories.

Good ride, but a bit further than I had time spare. I saw the freeway and took the opportunity to bail a bit early.
nickcoleman

Return to Rides