Thursday Ride November 21 Mundaring Dome

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

Thursday Ride November 21 Mundaring Dome

Postby pspencer » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:45 pm

Back to Mundaring. Leaving Shell Ascot 8:15 to go to Mundaring Dome, leaving at 9:15. A cooler day forecast. Destination democratically decided.
pspencer

Re: Thursday Ride November 21 Mundaring Dome

Postby Nurzo » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:24 pm

Count me in.

Steve
Nurzo

Postby Nurzo » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:33 pm

Great ride today and we saw more wild life on the road than over the last 12 months.
Steve
Nurzo

Postby pspencer » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:52 pm

Today we had Brian 5, Nurzo, Digger and Profoundly Disturbed join me on a very pleasant Spring Day. The offer of DDD { Democratically Decided Destination } fell on mature selective deaf ears so I suggested Bindoon Bakehaus as our lunch destination. Motion passed by all!
We left Mundaring Dome and zigzagged our way through Mundaring, Parkerville and Gidgegannup onto Toodyay Rd for a very short time before taking Reen, Reserve and Berry Rds to get us further North East. Fergie, Salt Valley, then Hoddy’s Well, Toodyay to Clackline, Eadine Rds and GEH had us gliding into Northam with temperatures in the low 20’s. Katrine Rd was our route to good ol’ Toodyay but we took the back streets to hit Julimar Rd, Chittering Rd and the GNH to arrive all safely at the Bakehaus. Now mid 20’s with few people at the Bakehaus so we settled down to a relaxing lunch break. The lunch major topic today was BMW RDC or for the non initiated tyre monitoring systems - so bloody typical for a group of BMW guys!
We all hit the GNH for home with Prof Dist continuing whilst the remainder took the more relaxed and scenic Chittering and Chittering Valley Rds. The highlight on the Chittering Rd was coming around a corner to see a Wallaby and an Emu having a chat in the middle of the Rd. Oh for a GoPro on my helmet, for that magic shot that nobody believes! We slowed and they said goodbye and jumped and ran off either side of the road. Nature never ceases to amaze.
The remainder said farewell in Bullsbrook and we hit the traffic for home.
Thanks to all for a very relaxing ride and chat and for Brian for TEC duties.
pspencer

Return to Rides