Sunday Tarmac Ride Feb 2

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

Sunday Tarmac Ride Feb 2

Postby pspencer » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:59 am

With Bozo absent and about 40 bikes at Cats I knew there would a few wanting to ride and I had thought of a route we had not done recently.
So we ended up with Wes, Kim, Ian, Swampy, Nick, Frank, Ted, Russell, Mo, Dave, Bill and Peter heading through the burbs onto Tonkin Highway, Bill leaving us here, up Mills Rd through Roleystone, Araluen, Canning Dam onto the Albany Highway heading Southeast. A quick breather at North Bannister had us all looking at Mo’s modified, back to basics Boxer, very tidy. Temperature around high twenties, just perfect.
Off to Wandering then to Pingelly with a short break to find a fuel outlet and another short break to wait for Swampy who tried to round up the lost fuelers. No worries as timing was not an issue. With the team complete again we were off heading through Brookton to Beverley to the Red Vault Cafe for sustenance.
At the Cafe we met up, as arranged, with our dirt buddies Chris and David, so BMWMCCWA was well represented in the cafe. Tasty food, hot and cold drinks were consumed with Kim’s MEGA chicken burger dominating proceedings. The worries of the world were resolved so it was back out into the sunshine, now low thirties and out through Waterhatch, the Talbots, Yarra, and the GS Highway to end up at the Lakes for tearful parting as we headed to our homes.
Thanks to all for following me into the unknown(not really unknown) and of course Swampy for his ever trusty TEC and rider round up duties. Another very pleasant ride out into the wheatbelt in mild summer weather with mates.
pspencer

Re: Sunday Tarmac Ride Feb 2

Postby Bozo » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:13 pm

Pete
Great that a ride was organised and you got a big crew. I had to drop into a bakery myself on Sunday (the Tivoli in Como)
Bozo
Bozo

Postby pspencer » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:56 pm

Bozo, sounds and looks pretty cool as expected in South Yarra. Are the pies better than Bakers Hill?
pspencer

Postby Bozo » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:59 pm

Pete
Food is often about the journey, the ambience and the company. The pies are better at Bakers Hill.
Bozo
Bozo

Return to Rides