Dome Dominated!!

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

Dome Dominated!!

Postby Swampy » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:21 pm

The Dome in Vic Park was dominated by the largest gathering of BM's I have ever seen before at that venue :shock:

There were the regular die hards that appear every week plus a plethora of others not normally in attendance!!

I was good to see Beemer Dave arrive in his car complete with his arm in a snazzy looking sling supporting his new shoulder ball joint and it was also great to see Raider cruise in wearing his "John Travolta" leather jacket :P

It was very pleasing to see so many Club Members in attendance which shows that the club is in good shape, Well apart from the state of some of the many bodies wearing our new club shirts :roll:

Bozo was a "No Show" today so I was asked if I would lead a ride out to Toodyay as it was excellent weather after the last few days heat to head out for a ride to clear some Christmas heads!!

Wes, Nick, Sophie, Scruff, Goldie, Andrew, Bill and Trish, Stoy, Frank and John W. headed for the hills via Lesmurdie and Bickley adhering to the speed limits as we were mindful of Double Demerits and lurking police with radars!!

Just as well for as we idled along Aldersyde Road two Motorcycle patrolmen were spotted setting up a speed trap camouflaged under some large trees!! Phew!! :roll:

A clear and steady run along Mundaring Weir Road before hitting Great Eastern Highway and slabbing it to the Lakes Roadhouse for a welcome comfort stop!!

It was here that we lost Frank and John W. as they sailed past with their blinkers on as they failed to notice us stop at the roadhouse!!

The wind was very blustery and strong as we headed out to West Talbot Road for a quickish run up to York where we were somewhat delayed by a very slow Grain Train.

After it had passed on by Sophie unfortunately looked to the right at the T junction to watch for oncoming traffic and failed to notice that Andrew had come to a stop at surprisingly enough, a stop sign and ran into the back of him which was enough of a jolt for Sophie to lose her balance and drop her beautiful bike which sustained some minor cosmetic damage and broke Andrews number plate surround!!
No physical damage to Sophie but the poor girl is currently suffering some mental and emotional anguish seeing her bike damaged!!

We carried on without further incident along the back roads to Northam and onto the scenic drive from there to Toodyay where we commandeered three tables for ourselves for lunch.

Goldie made a quick call home to his nearest and dearest laying the blame solely on my shoulders for leading him so far away from home into the wheatbelt :shock:

The choices for a return journey were varied as some chose Julimar Road, while others chose Sandplain Road or Toodyay Road so the group was subsequently splintered for the run home.

I ended up choosing Toodyay road and had a very pleasant return to home ride with the temp. climbing to 30C as I came down off the hills!!

Thank you all for the company today. it was very enjoyable apart from Sophie's incident which highlighted the fact that it's too bloody easy to lose one's balance after a moments inattention :cry:

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Re: Dome Dominated!!

Postby Goldie1 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:47 pm

Magnificent weather if a bit windy. As I said never admit fault except to blame Swampy for leading us astray and getting home late
Goldie1

Postby Bozo » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:12 pm

Swampy
Thanks for arranging a ride today. Look forward to catching up with the mob next week.
Bozo
Bozo

Postby Swampy » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:04 pm

It was my pleasure Chris, No need for thanks mate 8)

Cheers

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Postby davebeemer1 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:03 pm

That was nice of them to let you out a little bit early this time Bozo. Look forward to catching up with you.
davebeemer1

Return to Rides