Swampy Ride

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

Swampy Ride

Postby Swampy » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:56 pm

There will be a Swampy Ride this Thursday the 31st Dec.

Meeting at the Dome Kelmscott for a 0900 hrs. departure

Last day and Last ride of 2020, Destination decided by the majority!!

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Re: Swampy Ride

Postby pspencer » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:01 pm

There is one thing I cannot miss and that is a Swampy Ride. So back from down south to attend this momentous occasion. Leaving Shell Ascot at 7:45am on Thursday to journey down to Swampy territory. Weather looking warm but not stinking hot.
pspencer

Postby evermey@gmail.com » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:58 pm

wait for me I will be coming along too :P
evermey@gmail.com

Postby Swampy » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:27 pm

Eight Club members braved the High Humidity present today and gathered at The Dome in Kelmscott for a coffee, a chat and a chance for me to issue out for ordered club merchandise!!
Nurzo, Nannup Nick, Eddy fresh from the desolate dune country north of Perth, Peter back especially from the South west for the ride, Andrew wearing a newly minted sleeve on arm on a RDO and last but not least Nadia on her "old" but faithful RT arrived for her maiden Thursday Ride!!

It was democratically proposed that since I arranged the ride that I should lead it, so with Peter bringing up the rear as TEC I led the group through the road works disrupting traffic in the middle of Kelmscott through Armadale and through to Byford strictly adhering to the posted state speed limits!!

It was a slow snail like procession that wound it's way up the escarpment and into Jarrahdale where we turned off for a steady run up to and through Canning damn.

We passed through Karnet Prison Farm where we actually witnessed prisoners doing hard labour as part of their sentence!! Well we did see a few pulling weeds on the side of the road anyway :roll:

We rolled back down onto SWH to North Dandalup where we briefly stopped for a breather and comfort break!!

Back on to dell Park road and climbed into the little town of Dwellingup which we passed through without stopping. Onto the Nanga road for a pleasant cruise through the forests before taking a turn off leading onto the beautiful sweeping bends of the road down onto the flats to the Bakery in Waroona where we stopped for a lunch break.

Some wished to impress others by showing how tough they were by sitting in the decking area which was like sitting in a sauna while the four more sensible of the group relished the comfort of the ice cool airconditioning available inside the bakery proper!!

The group split from there to make their own way home after a rather pleasant and slow meander through the hills south of Perth!!

Thanks to the group for the company and to Pete for his TEC duties!!

Another successful Thursday Ride bites the dust for some of the elders of the clubs members with a couple of younger people joining us to get a feel for retirement :P

Happy New Year to All Club Members and their Families!!

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Postby pspencer » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:35 pm

Thanks Swampy for a very pleasant ride through the hills. As usual the group behaved impeccably as we glided along. A very satisfying ride to end 2020 and all the best to all for 2021.
pspencer

Return to Rides