Thursday January 7 Ride MOJOS MUNDARING

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

Thursday January 7 Ride MOJOS MUNDARING

Postby pspencer » Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:37 am

OK it will be hot but the purr of a Beemer is more exciting than sitting at home listening to the purr of an air conditioner. So dreamers leaving Shell Ascot at 7:45am to travel to MOJOS MUNDARING for a 9:00 ish departure. DDD.
pspencer

Re: Thursday January 7 Ride MOJOS MUNDARING

Postby pspencer » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:15 pm

Eight at Mojos, seven started the ride with Ross peeling off in Parkerville to unselfishly assist with any fires on this Total Fire Ban day. So it left Wes, Nick, Robbie, DFS and Brian 5 as TEC following me through Parkerville, O’Brien,Clenton, Berry, Toodyay Rd, Fergie, Salt Valley, Sandplain, Stirlinga and Racecourse into Toodyay. No sign of Swampy at the CC Cafe, probably too late. Wes was in need of a caffeine fix so he left us here.
The fearless five pushed on through Julimar, Coondle West, Bindi Bindi Toodyay, Dewars Pool Bindoon and GNH pulling into Bindoon Bakehaus just before midday with 36 degrees. We sat outside with salad rolls being a hit, washed down with iced coffees, OJ etc. The heat was OK.
Brian 5 lead us out through some new elevated back roads of Bindoon back onto GNH, through the Chittering Valley and into Bullsbrook where we said our farewells and headed for home. 40 degrees in Bullsbrook.
So 280kms, thanks Guys for an interesting ride where the heat didn’t seem to worry us and special thanks to TEC and partial lead Brian 5.
pspencer

Re: Thursday January 7 Ride MOJOS MUNDARING

Postby Swampy » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:50 pm

Well, I am not sure if I would have enjoyed the ride today with the heatwave hitting pretty hard for some of us oldies!!

Instead I stayed at home and while Elsie cooled her heals in the shade I got out in the sun laying pavers around the back of my place. Extremely hot but thankful for the Easterly winds to cool my sweating brow.
All done by lunch time so gave my old ute a wash down and clean before escaping inside to the air conditioner!!

Sorry I missed the ride especially as you decided to visit Toodyay on your travels guys but I might head out there on Sunday if the weathers a bit cooler!! :roll:

Swampy

PS: 40C or something tomorrow so might give Elsie a bath!! :P
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Return to Rides