Something about Tyres

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

Something about Tyres

Postby Swampy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:57 pm

Pleased to see Just John roll up this morning sporting a brand new tyre on his bike complete with a Tyre Puncture Kit, but got a little bit concerned for poor old Elsie when leaving for a ride to Toodyay with Wes and Scruff, the Tyre pressure warning light began flashing on my bike! :roll:

Stopped and checked for punctures but nothing found so checked the pressures and found them to be okay?

We got as far as Gingers Roadhouse in the Swan Valley and I decided to put a couple of extra pounds of air in my tyres and everything was looking good until i got to BullsBrook when the warning light re commenced flashing but the tyre seemed to be retaining a constant pressure :?:

I decided to keep going and chance it through to the Cola Cafe which was doing it's normal roaring trade with a plethora of all kinds of bikes descending on the town.

Had an enjoyable break for lunch with Wes and scruff and said hello to my favourite young local Kelly before departing for home with tyre pressure being maintained but with the blasted warning light still flashing !!

Started thinking it was a faulty TPMS and the need to replace it before arriving home safely!! $$$$$$

Waited a couple of hours for the tyres to cool before checking the pressures again and suddenly realising that through my very own stupidity and without thinking I had under inflated my rear tyre by 10 psi the last time I had checked them.

To make matters worse and to compound the issue, I had not even noticed that fact when I had stopped and checked them at Gingers, and once more put the wrong amount of air in the blasted tyre!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Nothing wrong with the tyre or the TPMS but just plain operator error, Duhh!!

I have to tell you while I can still remember that this getting old has knobs on it folks. :roll: :roll:

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Re: Something about Tyres

Postby pspencer » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:12 pm

Swampy you should be so ashamed of treating Elsie like that! You must have been distracted with thoughts of particular workers at Caltex Mundaring and the CCCafe. :lol: :lol: :lol: I am sure Wes and Ross offered positive verbal advice :roll: :roll: :roll:
pspencer

Postby Swampy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:42 pm

Ohhhhhh Peter, If only I was 50 years younger Young Hanna and Kelly would have something to to worry about but I guess they know I'm no longer a threat and that is the reason they like me :shock:

But after today's episode I'm struggling to remember why I would have been a threat to them anyway :roll:

Swamps
Swampy

Postby Raider » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:57 pm

Howdy Swampy,

Carry a small piece of gaffer tape to cover the offending flashing orange triangle - an especially useful fix at night.

I assume the bike was handling beautifully throughout?

Cheers,

Raider
Raider

Postby Swampy » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:34 pm

Hi Robin,

What a bloody great idea mate, Thanks for that and yes the bike performed faultlessly right through out my brain fade!! :lol:

Kind Regards

Swampy
Swampy

Return to Rides