Thursday Ride 18 Feb Mojo Mundaring

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

Thursday Ride 18 Feb Mojo Mundaring

Postby brian/5 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:22 pm

Leaving ASCOT SHELL 7:45 for Mundaring Mojo for a 9ish departure.

We will not have Peter our usual navigator so any offers for routes variations welcome.
Destination by DDD, but will most likely to be heading north.
Brian
brian/5

Re: Thursday Ride 18 Feb Mojo Mundaring

Postby Swampy » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:15 pm

I returned to the fold today after a couple of weeks break and was promptly elected to lead todays ride to where else, but Toodyay!!

We started the ride with Brian/5, Wes, Nannup Nick, Sophie, Scruff, Eddy, DFS and I promptly lost five of them left un noticed by me at the traffic lights within 50 metres of the start point.
Three of us arrived at the Lakes, and waited for the slackers to catch up without success so we all back tracked to Sawyers Valley searching in vain for the lost flock!!

On arrival I received a phone call from Wes informing me that his group of five had taken the scenic alternate route to the Lakes and were waiting for us there!!

So Sophie, Scruff and myself once again slabbed it back to the Lakes to find out that Eddy had disappeared down a side road whilst enroute with Wes's group and was not seen again??

Brian/5 then decided to take an alternate route to Toodyay leaving the rest of us to continue through to Talbot Road west and onto York.

DFS decided to do a bunk not long after leaving the Lakes and he too disappeared down another side road?? ( Do you think there is a message here somewhere????)

The remnants eventually arrived in Toodyay via York and Northam in time for lunch after encountering some delays due to road works but I'm happy and relieved to say we didn't lose any more riders!!

Brian/5 was already in situ and we all enjoyed a fairly long lunch break with lively conversations amongst a bright and happy group.

The group split from here with Brian/5 departing early to attend an appointment and with Wes, Sophie and Nick returning home via Julimar Road.

Scruff and myself returned home via Toodyay Road and witnessed a little of the devastation the Bush Fires had caused around Noble Falls!!

Thank you Wes for TEC duties and to the group that completed the ride for their great company and patience today!!

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Re: Thursday Ride 18 Feb Mojo Mundaring

Postby brian/5 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:14 am

The long delay with the traffic lights at Mundaring has caused problems in the past. Should not have caused any separation but there was something fishy about the corner marking.

It was just a well the main group arrived a bit late for lunch as earlier it was crowned with a group from the MG Car Club.
Enjoyable ride even if i had to leave the lunch crowd a bit early.
Brian
brian/5

Return to Rides