Thursday 11th Mojo Mundaring

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

Thursday 11th Mojo Mundaring

Postby brian/5 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:53 am

Looks like the Thursday meetup location this week by default will be Cafe Mojo Mundarring.

My usual ride up will be via Shell Ascot 7:45 and on to Mojo's around 9:00.

Brian
brian/5

Re: Thursday 11th Mojo Mundaring

Postby Swampy » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:01 pm

It was a carnival of characters that met at Mojo's on an overcast morning for a coffee and chat before departing on the Thursday ride!!

Included in this motley mob was Brian/5, Wes, Nannup Nick, Rob, Vic, Scruff, Nurzo and Swampy.

It really is amazing the amount of utter crap that can be uttered around the table when you get a group of this calibre gathered together but interspersed amongst this banal banter was a lot of good natured humour and laughter which is indicative of the quality of mate ship of the BMW Motorcycle fraternity!!

Wes was elected Ride leader and opted for a shorter ride today as he was packing for a dirty long weekend in Margaret River. He led us through a convoluted and confusing course of back roads of hills, valleys to eventually emerge for a Vic stop in Clackline.

Wes spotted a couple of stripped and dumped pushbikes in the bush and promptly got his tool roll out to check for spare parts.........All I can say is Thank God it wasn't a lawn mower!!

Scruff and Nurzo lingered too long on a meat ants nest and entertained the rest of the group with a lively jig in an attempt to dislodge an army of hungry ants from their nether regions!!
Scruff managed to carry one all the way to Toodyay where the ant made it's presence felt which caused Scruff to beat a hasty retreat to the gents to disrobe and dislodge the persistent little pest!!

More copious amounts of crap ensued once again as we had our lunch at the Cola Cafe before we parted company to make our ways home!!

A good ride in good company, One could not ask for anything better!!

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Postby pspencer » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:20 pm

Guys, glad I missed it as it sounded like a pile of crap :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
pspencer

Postby brian/5 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:49 pm

Actually Wes was press ganged into leading the ride, by a unanimous decision the DDD has migrated to WDDL ( Who Decide Destination Leads )

The burnt paddocks are now covered in green with only the trees and fence posts showing any signs of the bush fires.

The weather out was very pleasant with temperatures in the hi 20’s, a bit warmer on the return journey rising to the low 30’s
There was no crap when moving, a very enjoyable ride.

Thank Wes for a well lead ride, and Swampy for his usual TEC duties.
No-one got lost thanks to those that marked the corners for the occasions that it was needed.

Brian
brian/5

Return to Rides