Nancy Boys Ride!!

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides
Swampy
Junk Test: No
Enter the middle number (7726): 7726

Nancy Boys Ride!!

Post by Swampy »

Five "Nancy Boys" departed from the Dome in Vic. Park this morning after coffee and breakfast for a ride to Toodyay via Midland, Bullsbrook and the beautiful Chittering Valley.

Vic, Scruff, Wes, Nick and with me in the lead had a relatively smooth run up the highway and into the hills arriving to a very busy bike crowded Cola Cafe.

Spoke to a couple of ANZAC Navy mates on arrival who were looking forward to the Anzac Day March on tomorrow there!

They were bemoaning the fact that they are both restricted to Gophers being unfit to march, However are pleased and proud to be able to take part in the parade and service at the Towns Memorial afterwards. Well Done guys!!

I am planning to drive up there with Mary for the Service in the morning.

Over lunch Vic entertained with tales of his time in Canberra and with Tax Dept. and afterwards with the Federal Police.

Amongst the many topics discussed was WA INC. Starring Brian Burke, Alan Bond, Laurie Connell, Dallas Dempster, John Roberts and Warren Anderson in the 80's.

Also mentioned in despatches was Robin Greenberg of Western Women Group fame in 1991!!

An enjoyable break before we all departed for home!!

Beautiful weather, terrific ride and magic company!!

Thanks to Wes to bringing up the rear, and where many people think he should be!!!!

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."