Thursday 5th May Dome.

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides
Swampy
Junk Test: No
Enter the middle number (7726): 7726

Thursday 5th May Dome.

Post by Swampy »

Thursday morning was cold with a strong easterly blowing which prevailed all day!!

However that did not prevent Vic, Nick, Scruff and me meeting up at the Dome in Mundaring for a very welcome hot coffee!!

The absence of Wes was duly noted as was his excuse that he was detained at home servicing vehicles which no doubt were overdue at 5,000ks :roll:

Scruff took the lead through the usual convoluted twisty winding roads through the back blocks emerging to take on Inkpen Road to York rd. before entering Talbot rd. West for the run through to York.

It felt strange completing the ride to York without watching out for Wes suddenly slowing with arms indicating in all directions to us unobservant riders Camels, Emus, Roos roaming in their natural habitat.

It was also good to know that he had at last sorted out an errant issue with his GPS recently when he attempted to fix the problem on the fly :shock:

Following Wes is normally quite an experience for those of us following behind on a normal run but on this occasion it was a nightmare as he attempted to ride one handed whilst studying his GPS with only an occasional thought of where he was weaving on the road slowing down and increasing his speed on a whim!!
It's okay Wes, we all survived to ride another day but I sure found it disconcerting on that particular day!! :lol: :lol:

Okay, where was I? Oh yes we passed through York without a break and mooched on to Clackline before tootling into Toodyay for some refreshments!!

Was surprised to note the gang from Mojo's were there preparing to leave after taking a more direct route!!

Topic of the day for us was Electric cars with both Scruff and Vic awaiting deliveries of their new vehicles!!

A more pleasant ride home with the wind behind our backs was very welcome with a slight increase of the ambient temp.to improve the day!!

All in all a good day out was had with some good mates!!

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."