Airhead Pannier Exchange Enterprise (APEE)

For Sale and Wanted

Do we went APEE?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:15 am

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 3

Airhead Pannier Exchange Enterprise (APEE)

Postby theape » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:15 am

Ok Airhead Pannier Punters:

Cookie wants some for a R65 twin shock and might have some soon. He has some beat up ones he might sell.
Alex wants a left side for a R100RT, its the one with the bit that sticks out the back, he has a left side possibly a GS one with the flush back condition as new.
John wants some cheap ones as long as they fit his bike(s) at the time.
Jamie has a few he wont sell.
Jack has about 9 sets and he does not know what to do with them all.
Richard Vincent probably has some and cant find them, but may have home brew stored in them as all his fridges are full.

I think we should form an Airhead Pannier Exchange Enterprise (APEE for short) and consider running a formal fund raiser.

Conditions of entry are:
Sellers arrive at the venue with your for sale pannier(s) with you and be prepared to negotiate and sell, that way all the pannier traders are in the one area with their panniers. Arrive early if you want a good selling position.
Buyers must arrive at the venue with CASH, please note for frequent travellers and ex African Continent residents $AUS only, not Philippines or Sudanese notes here please.. PayPal, visa, and electronic bank transfers are not acceptable as these weren't invented when these panniers were made.
Buyers must pay an APEE exchange fee equal to the internal cubic capacity of the pannier in cubic metres x the current price of BP 98 in $ x the number of panniers sold divided by the amount they are each sold for. The minimum amount payable is $2 and goes to the treasurer.
Sellers don't pay an exchange fee as this would be like a tax and too hard to administer.

Additional considerations:
For buyers, its important to have either your bike or the pannier racks with you to check they bloody fit. OK!
For sellers, if the racks come with the panniers, ensure you know what bike they fit on and the racks fit the panniers.
Hecklers may try to railroad your sale or purchase.
For sellers panniers with fluid alcohol incentive towards deal makers are allowed. Full panniers provide greater incentives.
For buyers If you intend to be induced or incentivized better unbolt your racks hand carry them and not ride, the guards will let you carry them on the train and they fit in an overhead locker of some aircraft in case you have to fly of to a mine somewhere out the back of nowhere once you have done your business..

So can please someone propose a venue, I suggest Spadille sometime in February.
theape

Re: Airhead Pannier Exchange Enterprise (APEE)

Postby jono » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:07 pm

I suggest selling tickets to the big fight, I mean the sale. My money would be on Jamie Seagull but with his Gammy leg it's possible that Jack and John could over power him, that leaves Cookie with a window of opportunity to duck in and make off with the prize while the others are scrapping. Put me down for a ringside seat and tell Ewan at Spadille to get the popcorn ready!! :lol:
jono
Site Admin

Postby wightman » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:13 am

February at Spadille sounds good. What about St Valentine's day? I can bring my actual bike, so fitting can be checked prior to sale. Alex's oddball skinny left pannier is a true collectors piece. I'll snap it up quickly, if there any ditherers and use it like a sort of male's handbag (attaché case)
wightman

Postby theape » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:00 am

Cheers John,

And we now have an overseas entrant, chiming in from Holland.
http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/motoren/ond ... usPage=VIP

What's a ditherer? Maybe its really a rack exchange I just need a new rack on the left side that fits the right side..
I could start a new thread and see if anyone wants to sell racks separately. I have a name already Ditherers Racks In Perth "DRIP :lol:

See you at Spadille. Will check on popcorn for the hecklers.
Alex
theape

Postby theape » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:05 am

Oh and lets invite Richard, he can bring along the other half on the pretext of a night out at a fancy West Perth restaurant for Valentines day.. Then again I don't think he has any cash.
theape

Postby Cookie » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:41 pm

Count me in, always up for a good garage sale:)
Regards
Cookie
R1200RT
F650GS
Cookie

Postby theape » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:40 am

So do we have this at the next general meeting?
Yes, No?

If so, better start polishing your panniers and frames. Jack may need to hire a small van from Bunnings..
Maybe Snaga can join in too, although his pannier is not for an airhead, then again under the Grandfather clause, Gaston Rahier rode an airhead in the Dakar I think, so that probably lets the single bike single pannier in to the event?

The Ape
theape

Postby spacey1 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:57 am

I'm interested. But why just air head panniers, why not all of 'em...
Himalayas Royal Enfield Tour 2017; Camp Cook-Off Winner 2017; Kennedy Ranges; Three Oceans Tour Australia; Hyden-Norseman Breakaways; R1200 series final drive repair; Mt Augustus; Bimbijy Station; Around Oz
spacey1

Postby Snaga » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:27 pm

OK guys

Let me know when it all happens as I'm in Perth for a short time before going back to site, I also have a Remus slip on exhaust and I'm sure there are other bits n pieces in the "Man Cave" at home I could bring along to tempt you all with, indcluding a 690 KTM I have at home for sale for a mate of mine who is also in Onslow.

Cheers
Tom
"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Cheers
Snaga
Snaga

Postby bully1 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:02 pm

Snaga wrote:OK guys

indcluding a 690 KTM I have at home for sale for a mate of mine who is also in Onslow.

Cheers
Tom

how many cartons will you pay me to take it off your hands. :lol:
bully1

Postby Snaga » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:47 pm

Bully wrote "how many cartons will you pay me to take it off your hands. :lol:"

I would pay you plenty but i don't think the owner would agree he thinks somebody out there wants to buy it, but they just haven't contacted him yet! I brought it to Perth as he thinks the listing on Gumtree giving the location as Onslow has been the reason it hasn't sold!

I told him to paint it a differrent colour and put a Suzuki or Kawasaki tank badge on it and he might have better chance, but he doesn't agree :mrgreen:
"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"
Cheers
Snaga
Snaga

Postby theape » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:23 pm

R100 RT

ok, lets get back on track here, I am after a Left Hand Pannier (slim type) complete with a left hand rack assembly to suit the Pannier.
I have a fat left hand pannier for sale if I get a slim one.
Theape
theape

Vario Panniers

Postby Snaga » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:00 pm

Guys
I now have a pair of BMW Vario panniers in VG condition (never been off road) for sale complete with mounting fittings ex R 1200 GS, make me an offer before they go on ebay and gumtree!!

Cheers
Tom
Cheers
Snaga
Snaga

Postby theape » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:50 pm

Ok Pannier punters, looks like John has found a cheap set from Jack (who bought them from Jamie) , and I have found that my pannier bracket was incorrectly fitted, its now "tweaked and my skinny pannier fits between the chair and on the bracket. Cookie has his new ones and Goldie is going to fix a bent one.

So it seems all past pannier problems potentially solved for now.
Cheers
theape

Postby Cookie » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:14 pm

I have a set of BMW (wide / large) panniers, that are less than perfect, complete with mounting frames available for sale - open to offers.

They came off my 85 R65
Regards
Cookie
R1200RT
F650GS
Cookie

Next

Return to Classifieds