FOR SALE: BMW K75 RT 1996

For Sale and Wanted

FOR SALE: BMW K75 RT 1996

Postby KoosWA » Wed May 17, 2017 6:31 am

The time has come to part with one of my K75RT's, not really because I want to, but because of circumstances. I will spend some time working on the East Coast and already have one K here. I can't justify having one in WA that does not get ridden.

The bike is a 1996 model, the last year they were manufactured. I am the 3rd owner, Goldie, a member of the WA BMW club was the previous owner.

I would prefer the bike to go to a club member or enthusiast rather than have it chopped up.

I have owned this bike for over 5 years. It has had a major service every year and oil changes every 5,000 km's. I bought the bike at 92k km's and it has 125k km's now.

The bike can be ridden as is and improved with a bit of work. Rego for a few months.

The bike is currently without a fairing but fitted with legal aftermarket headlight and indicators. All the parts to restore to full fairing RT is included. The fairing has a few cracks that need repairing on the inside. All the wiring for the fairing is still intact on the bike. The fairing has an electric windscreen.

Various parts have been replaced or reconditioned by me including the Hall sensor, fuel pump (new) and alternator.

Things that don't work / need fixing:
- odometer stopped working in Feb 2016 ~124k km's. I have not ridden it much since then as that was when I bought the other K. Maybe 500 - 750 km's since then. This can be fixed.
- ABS rear doesn't work. These units can be bought for around $70.

I am asking $2,500.

A lockable top box and two lockable panniers can be included for $450. These are in very good condition, considering the age. This includes the top box base that doubles as a rack that is extremely rare.

A manual and pannier Z racks are also included.

My mobile is 0418 901 663

KoosWA

Return to Classifieds