R1100RT, ABS. 129093 Kms. 1999

For Sale and Wanted

R1100RT, ABS. 129093 Kms. 1999

Postby peterg » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:59 pm

Hi,
I am posting this on behalf of the widow of my good friend Peter who has recently passed away.
The BMW is the R1100RT model and comes complete with panniers and top box and standard BMW fitments that would have come with this model including ABS. All original handbooks are with the bike along with the original toolkit. Registration expires on 4/1/2018 but this will be renewed for a further 6 months.
The bike is the very light blue model and is in very nice condition with a couple of "battle scars", namely some scuffs to the edge of the mirrors and some scratches to one of the side panniers.
I am a motorcyclist myself with over 24 in our "collection' and have gone through the bike to ensure that everything is working correctly. I have fitted a brand new glass matt battery for piece of mind.
Peters last big ride was to Phillip Island for the Moto GP and hence the tyres may require renewing.
If you know of anybody that may be interested in the BMW, or you wish to see some photos, please do not hesitate to call me on 0412584264 at any time. I am more than happy to arrange a time for an inspection of the bike. The bike is currently in my care and will remain so until sold.
I am not sure of the current values for this type of machine but i was thinking of around $6,250.00 or nearest offer would be fair.
I would like the machine to go to a BMW enthusiast who can continue to use it for the purpose it was built and i am sure that Peter would not have hesitated to go to the 2018 Moto GP again on his beloved BMW.

Thankyou for taking time to read this post.

Regards

Barry Firth
peterg

Re: R1100RT, ABS. 129093 Kms. 1999

Postby Dickens Cider » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:06 pm

I have GS, I paid $3500, about same Km's average condition.
I'm looking for an RT, don't really see the value in GS, too heavy for off rd use, and with road tyres.
But I could buy a lot of bike for $6.5, have seen a couple for sale $2500+.
all due respect to P.O... But $6.5 you might be optimistic...
Dickens Cider

Return to Classifieds