Stuff the Turkey later ride + video

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

Stuff the Turkey later ride + video

Postby Bozo » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:15 pm

A surprisingly large gathering of refugees from Christmas tasks assembled at the uphill alternate for Sunday coffee.

The lazy lads were bemoaning having to actually line up to order coffee. Good to see Kim and MOB girl, BJ on his HP2, Jamie on an airhead complete with new clutch cable, Jono bike selling and HRG wishing all happy griceness. Procuring, stuffing, cooking and basting turkeys were on many attendees to do lists but a group managed to squeeze in a short ride to Serpentine Dam café.

Prof Dist, Ted, Wes, Stoy, German Paul, Peter, Goldie, Swampy and Bozo rode past the snarling traffic from last minute shoppers to get to the serenity of cool twisting scarp roads only briefly interrupted by lycra clad lads. Travelling via Canning Dam, Bedfordale and Byford the group took Nettleton Road to get to Serpentine Dam. Goldie produced the "just right" allen key to fix Bozo's loose grub screw prompting references to three bears and porridge. The coffee at the café was not "just right" for two riders who needed extra shots before they could bear it. A 28 Parrot hovered around Wes who must have seemed seedy to his avian friend. The parrot disappeared when Goldie talked about "shooting the bastards" and modifications to his childhood home to shoot parrots without leaving the house.

A pleasant ride past the prison and the monastery on Kingsbury Drive had the group heading up the highway to Byford where it split up.

Thanks to Swampy for doing tail end Charlie duties, to Wes for rounding a stray Yamaha rider up and to Goldie for access to his comprehensive kit for sorting out bike problems.

Happy Christmas

Bozo
Bozo

Re: Stuff the Turkey later ride

Postby Goldie1 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:45 pm

Good ride Bozo. Weather was just right but too many people in Lycra. No political correctness in the mid 60s on a small country property
Goldie1

Re: Stuff the Turkey later ride

Postby Swampy » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:06 pm

Thank you Bozo for leading us on our weekly rides and your (positive) outlook on all things BMW and Riding 8)

Also a big Thank You to all those that have joined us on our journey's through out the past 12 months,Your company has made for a very (positive) and great company which is what this club is all about.

I wish all a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year 8)

Swampy

PS: See you Up Da Hill next Sunday.
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Re: Stuff the Turkey later ride + video

Postby spacey1 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:08 pm

Merry Christmas all, from the Faterland, home of the best and cheapest beer in the world :P

Almost every iconic bmw boxer produced was represented at the Dome brekky...

Himalayas Royal Enfield Tour 2017; Camp Cook-Off Winner 2017; Kennedy Ranges; Three Oceans Tour Australia; Hyden-Norseman Breakaways; R1200 series final drive repair; Mt Augustus; Bimbijy Station; Around Oz
spacey1

Return to Rides