Thursday Ride Mundaring Dome NOVEMBER 7

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides
pspencer
Junk Test: No
Enter the middle number (7726): 7726

Thursday Ride Mundaring Dome NOVEMBER 7

Post by pspencer »

With a forecast high of 30 degrees C a ride is a must. Leaving Shell Ascot at 8:15 to meet at Mundaring Dome for a 9:15 departure. Take advantage of the excellent weather.
pspencer

Re: Thursday Ride Mundaring Dome NOVEMBER 7

Post by pspencer »

Battery, tyre issues and people leaving meant it was an exciting day.
Dome Mundaring had the pleasure of guests Wes, Digger, David, Brian, Vic, Swampy, Eddy and Peter. A large turnout on a fine riding day. After coffees, breakfasts, toast and muffins we were off with Brian leaving within 1 km deciding to get his battery checked after a few dicky starts. The remaining seven headed through Stoneville and Chidlow seeking the flowing bends of Lilydale, Breeze and Mayo Rds to glide into Wooroloo. Government and Coates Rd and the GEH soon had us onto the Spencer Brook Rd at Clackline. Vic parted company here heading home.
Digger are you still reading, focus- Ha Ha.
We made our customary first 5 minute relief stop on the Spencer Brook Rd with Swampy announcing he was intending to head towards Toodyay leaving the group who decided Goomalling needed a visit of the illustrious BMWMCCWA. So Swampy departed prior to the remaining five, but as we swept round the next corner Swampy was parked on the verge with a flat rear tyre. No problems though as with Swamp’s two repair kits and air compressor the team were onto it. Swampy decided to use his new untried mushroom plug repair kit. So after some messing around with a new untried style of tyre repair and finally reading the bloody instructions, a mushroom plug was inserted and the tyre inflated. As one can imagine there were lots of advice continually given to the hands on guys from the stand around guys.
So Swampy decided to stay with the safety of the group and we headed into Northam, using Mr Shell to check tyre pressure; holding OK and put a few more kPa in. We headed off on the Northam to Goomalling Rd taking a right turn onto Southern Brook Rd as an alternative route. A few km in 3 riders had dropped off the group so we turned around and found Swampy, Eddy and Wes around Harry Honda. The mushroom plug had blown out, leading to a prompt weavy stop. No mushroom repair this time with the gooy string plug quickly inserted, tyre pressured up and we were on our way.
We hit the Go Cafe in Goomalling all thirsty after the heavy workload of tyre repairs. But drinks and good tucker soon had us at ease and chatting about all things as well as tyre repair kits.
We all headed back to Toodyay and split to find our own way home.
Another great ride with minor tech problems solved with all hands helping, which as we know makes it such a great club.
Thanks to all and the various TEC’s.
Digger

Post by Digger »

pspencer wrote: Digger are you still reading, focus- Ha Ha.
...at least you got the date right.
pspencer wrote: No problems though as with Swamp’s two repair kits and air compressor the team were onto it. Swampy decided to use his new untried mushroom plug repair kit. So after some messing around with a new untried style of tyre repair and finally reading the bloody instructions, a mushroom plug was inserted and the tyre inflated. As one can imagine there were lots of advice continually given to the hands on guys from the stand around guys.
It was like watching a scene from the Benny Hill Show!!!!

:lol: :P
You don't have to have a long neck...to be a goose

My YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/budgetmovies
(Mongrel Dog Productions)
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

Benny Hill Show Digger??..........I would have thought it was more like a scene from Dad's Army, But nevertheless it was the combined effort from all involved which included hands on and the side line sage's that eventually saw my tyre inflated and poor Harry back on the road 8)

The God's must have thought it funny enough to invoke a replay some k's further down the road and whilst this minor drama was being played out David on the sidelines finally worked out how to fit his new tank bag on his bike and landed himself a new job on off Shore rigs as a bonus while the rest of the group battled a million flies and a hot sun whilst repairing my flat tyre!! :lol:

Tomorrow I will be purchasing a new tyre repair kit to supplement parts used and refresh old kit past it's use by date!!

Thank you to all those that assisted me yesterday and successfully got Harry mobile again!! It demonstrated to me once again what a good club this is to belong to with everyone contributing to it's success with such good camaraderie and humour!!

Thank You

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."