Thursday Ride November 14 Kelmscott Dome

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

Thursday Ride November 14 Kelmscott Dome

Postby pspencer » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:54 am

For a change we will hit the bitumen down south. Leaving Shell Ascot 8:15 to meet at Kelmscott Dome for a 9:15 departure.
pspencer

Re: Thursday Ride November 14 Kelmscott Dome

Postby Ross Higgins » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:44 pm

Sorry chaps, won't be there again...its hot and I have to do the equipment officer thing for the brigade and get the truck to the workshops for some emergency repairs.
Have a good one, cheers
Ross
Ross Higgins

Postby pspencer » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:51 am

Thanks for the advice Ross and for looking after our Parky friends. Hope to see you on Sunday.
pspencer

Postby pspencer » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:16 pm

Well it was only three diehards < nutters> that went out in the midday sun today, I was joined by Brian 5 and Digger. Brian led us out from Kelmscott along a great array of back roads to end up at the Crooked Carrot on the Old Coast Rd.
The misting sprays and sea breeze allowed us to comfortably sit outside albeit in the shade. A surprisingly busy place on such a hot day.
After a relaxing lunch we headed North on the Old Coast Rd and ended up at Island Point Reserve where once again the sea breeze made it bearable. We examined a new sign board about the 10th Light Horse Bridle Trail, very interesting. We remounted our heavy horses and headed North, taking the Lakes, Hopeland, etc Rds to get us onto Kargotich and the Tonkin. Temperature now 42 degrees C, which is pretty warm for a Spring Day.
To homes we travelled and I enjoyed a cold James Boag to celebrate a great ride. Really the temperature was not an issue, a bit sweaty but as long as we were moving, too easy!
Thanks to the other two nutters for another GREAT Thursday ride.
pspencer

Return to Rides