Thursday Ride January 2 2020 KELMSCOTT DOME

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides
pspencer
Junk Test: No
Enter the middle number (7726): 7726

Thursday Ride January 2 2020 KELMSCOTT DOME

Post by pspencer »

Lets kick off 2020 down in Swampy territory! Leaving Shell Ascot at 7:30 to ride to KELMSCOTT DOME for an 8:30 approx departure. Weather looks kind.
Swampy

Re: Thursday Ride January 2 2020 KELMSCOTT DOME

Post by Swampy »

See you there Peter!!

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

Another good gathering of some idle people to kick off the new year in style met at the Dome in Kelmscott this morning.

Peter, Sophie, Nannup Nick, Frank, Wes, Ross, Eddy and Swampy met up with Noel who dropped into for a quick hello and coffee before departing to carry out some home maintenance.

Pete once again led another terrific ride in lovely cool weather conditions through Jarrahdale, and on to Serpentine with a brief stop at Pipehead Dam for those of week bladders!!

Onto Karnet and back down onto South western Hwy to Del Park Road for a leisurely ride up to Dwellingup where Sophie topped up her tank with go juice. The group said goodbye to Dwellingup and peter took us through a maze of country back roads before we eventually lobbed up at the Miami Bakehouse where hot pies and pastries were gratefully consumed.

Peter decided to return home via Mandurah but not being fond of heavy holiday traffic I retraced the ride around the Peel Inlet before once again heading north for home.

A terrific way to kick off the new year so thank you peter for taking the lead on another memorable ride.

Terrific to see both Sophie and Nick return for another midweek ride and also Frank who after looking over Elsie may just of set his sights on a new GS down the track 8)

Thanks for the company guys and girls!!

Swampy
Last edited by Swampy on Sun 05 Jan, 2020 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
nickcoleman

Post by nickcoleman »

It was a great ride with a very pleasant and fun route. A good start to the year, thanks Peter!
K100 RS Special -> Ducati 900 SS -> R1250 GSA
pspencer

Post by pspencer »

Thanks to all for their company, including Steve, with a special thanks to Swampy for his triffik ride report and TEC duties.