Dirt Ride to Jennacubbine

Club and BMW related

Dirt Ride to Jennacubbine

Postby BillB » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:23 pm

PROPOSED DIRT RIDE
As we haven’t had a volunteer ride leader to take the dirt riders on a dirt fix to the event, if members are willing to go along with my dirt/some tar route then let me know who might be interested.
My plan is to head to York , then get ona dirt road just before get to York, I have ridden previously across, to Spencer Brook Rd , head on across to Irishtown Rd, Toodjay Gomalling Rd and Jennacubbine. Hopefully my GPS WILL GET US TO THE EVENT ON TIME. As members who have ridden with me know the ride is SMELL THE ROSES, KEEP AWAY FROM SAND, AND TRAFFIC AND TAKE IT EASY ON GRAVEL.
Meet at the Caltex station at the bottom of the hill on the Great Eastern Hwy at 1pm for a departure.
For those interested give me a ring on 0411222893 to let me know who will be coming IF NO INTEREST I will go by myself.
BEWARE .... I'm looking at your teeth .....
R1200 GSA 2009, K1200 LT 1999, Suzuki DR 650 2012, C650GT 2016
BillB

Re: Dirt Ride to Jennacubbine

Postby BillB » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:08 pm

The dirt ride consisted of myself and Jack Gooch. We left at about 1340 and headed for the hills to find some dirt. Unfortunately we only managed to find about 30 km as quite a few roads that were previously, last time I was up here were now bitumen. We both enjoyed the trip up without getting lost and were the first to arrive at the Tavern which was still 40 mins away from opening. Others in cars the odd lone rider then Cookies group started arriving and before long everyone was tucked up in the pub having drinks and spinning yarns. At 1800 the 35 participants took their seats and ordered their huge steaks. With much effort people consumed their steaks which were cooked to perfection and went down well, with a few finding the size was just a bit too much. Pres Jono then got on the mic and summarised the year we just had, thanked a number of people who contributed to making the club tick along, others who made notable achievements with rides, docos ,and photos of their trips. JP then got on the Mike and presented some awards for contributions, by various members as only JP can. The door prizes were then drawn with JP taKing out first prize of a $200 voucher from AUTOCLASSIC BMW, Wes taking out Second prize of a tankbag and Jack winning third prize of a puncture repair kit. The party ended at about2330 with people heading to their booked rooms or over the railway line to the communal hall were people could bunk down. The next morning committee members cooked bacon,eggs sausages on the BBQ for everyone's breakfast. People started departing at about 10000. A very enjoyable club function.
Some photos.......
Spot tracker ride
Troops start arriving
Lefty sang some tunes he has written
Terri Anne and Nev
Frogmouth owls in a nearby tree

Breakfast the following day

BillB

Postby Cookie » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:52 pm

Well said Bill

Twas a great ride in near perfect conditions, good food and fellowship. A pleasant ride home today to round out another motorcycle camping weekend.

Thank you to all.
Regards
Cookie
R1200RT
F650GS
TY175
Cookie

Postby BillB » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:40 pm

A correction is required.
I am suprised Bozo hasn't corrected me on my description of the birds as frogmouthed owls in the photosI placed on this thread. I thought I should check google and the birds aren't owls at all but Tawny frogmouths of Podargus strigoides class of birds which are present in New Guinea and Australia . They are nocturnal and live in pairs.
BillB

Postby Bozo » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:08 am

Bill

Sorry about letting a taxonomical misrepresentation slip through but in my defence frogmouths are related to owls.

What a perfect bird to spot at a BMW event. Like boxer engine heads their eyes are more to each side. Like GS's they can prowl the countryside and then sit motionless for hours outside coffee shops and bakeries with their brown, white, grey and silver plumage making them hardly noticeable in their environment. Like a rider and pillion the rear bird can sit still for a long time with a head disdainfully thrust into the air not communicating in any way. Like a GS they can put their head in unexpected weird positions. Frogmouths are also related to oilbirds of South America and nightjars.

They have big mouths, solid bodies and weak feet.

Great photo and well spotted.

Bozo
Bozo

Return to General