Annual General Meeting

Club and BMW related

Annual General Meeting

Postby wightman » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:42 pm

Good Evening Folks. Please be advised that the Annual General Meeting for members will take place at the Vic Park Hotel, Albany Highway, Perth, on Monday 9 July 2018 7.30 for 8.00. This is your chance to vote for next year's committee. Come along and support your club and those that run it.

John (Secretary)
wightman

Re: Annual General Meeting

Postby old betsy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:57 pm

What was the outcome for the committee elections
Most problems can be solved with a suitable application of throttle!
Bitumen is a tool, to get you to the dirt.
NJ 2011
CSR 2012
DQB 2013
old betsy

Postby BillB » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:01 am

Results of AGM nominees of committee voting..............
Members that attended voted to get rid of the VP who mustn't have been carrying out the role to their liking, :oops: to be replaced by other nominee, Cookie. Colin DB was elected treasurer, Rhonda nominated herself for committee member and as there were no other nominees became the committee member, all other positions remained the same. JP agreed to be the new editor.
I enjoyed contributing to the club membership as the club VP with organising events,rides functions and communicating with members and committee over the last 2 terms and was somewhat disappointed that members saw fit to get rid of me.
I won't be involved anymore in organising or communicating club activities as a result.
Bill
Ex VP
BEWARE .... I'm looking at your teeth .....
R1200 GSA 2009, K1200 LT 1999, Suzuki DR 650 2012, C650GT 2016
BillB

Postby Digger » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:20 pm

Bill,

You should not take offense at not being voted in as the VP for another term. I doubt whether its 'personal'. I for one voted for Cookie. Why? Because it is an opportunity to have some new blood in a position and he may have new ideas, new strategies or different ways of doing things. That is not to say you were not effective in the role. You were.

I've never known a committee to be voted in for so many consecutive terms. Im sure if other members put up their hand to volunteer for the positions, then i reckon it would have been a better then even chance that the 'new guy' (or gal) would've been voted in. If for no other reason then to get a fresh face in the position (not to say the current faces are not fresh enough).

Take this opportunity to relax and enjoy the year off. You can still be an active member of the club and still provide input whenever it suits you...whether we like it or not.

Next time, maybe we should follow protocol and ask Nominees to leave the room. It might save some embarrassment.

:P
You don't have to have a long neck...to be a goose

My YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/budgetmovies
(Mongrel Dog Productions)
Digger

Postby Bozo » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:00 pm

Bill

Condolences on missing out but I agree with Digger. Anyway supporting the club and not going to committee meetings is no bad thing.

My understanding is that the Rules do not require anyone to leave the room but there can be different forms of ballot agreed by the meeting.

The most important things are to ensure notice was given to all members of the AGM, that only current members stand for election and that only current members vote.

Regards

Bozo
Bozo

Postby jono » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:00 pm

Bill,

Don't take the results personally. Your positive advocacy and hard work organising events and arranging merchandise for the club has been greatly appreciated by many and I for one am very thankful for your efforts over the last few years. This year was not the first time that both yourself and Cookie have been nominated for the role of VP, and it could have been as simple a matter as the order in which the voting was called resulting in the change, or as Digger suggests it may have been seen as an opportunity for change and fresh energy, especially given that it was the only contested committee role. So I hope that you take Digger's advice and use this time to recharge and enjoy some riding and camaraderie we don't want to loose you as a regular member and perhaps after a break you may choose to have another go.

Thanks again Bill,
Regards
JonO
jono
Site Admin

Return to General