Thursday's Ride Back On

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

Thursday's Ride Back On

Postby Swampy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:47 am

Good Morning All, There will be a Thursday Ride on Thursday this week.

For those who are interested in joining us, We will be meeting at the Dome Cafe at 0930 tomorrow morning with a route decided on the day by the majority.

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Re: Thursday's Ride Back On

Postby pspencer » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:07 am

Ah Swampy great you are back and straight into the Thursday rides, weather pending l’ll be there
pspencer

Postby Swampy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:47 pm

REVISED PLAN EVERYONE.....DUE TO CHANCE OF 80% SHOWERS TOMORROW BEING FORECAST, THURSDAY"S RIDE IS NOW RESCHEDULED TO FRIDAY!! :shock:

APOLOGIES FOR THOSE THAT CAN'T MAKE IT ON FRIDAY BUT THERE IS NOT MUCH SENSE IN GETTING A WET A... FOR NO GOOD REASON!! :cry: :cry:

WILL MEET AT 0930 AT DOME IN MUNDARING ON FRIDAY AND DECIDE ROUTE THEN!!

Swampy
Swampy

Postby bwanainoz » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:39 am

See ya Friday
bwanainoz

Postby pspencer » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:28 am

Good decision Swampy see you on Friday.
pspencer

Postby brian/5 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:50 pm

Will miss this one as Friday already committed
Have a good ride
Brian
brian/5

Postby Swampy » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:52 pm

For a person who is renowned for always being punctual I really blew it this morning missing the 0930 meet at Mundaring's Dome by 25 minutes by which time "San Francisco" Pete had given up on me and legged it for a Solo Ride. (Sorry Pete) :cry:

I miscued my departure time from home this morning extremely badly and then hit heavy traffic which delayed me even more.

Pete took off for Toodyay via York and I followed suit hoping to catch up at some time but Pete took a leisurely run via Talbot Road and I took the direct route too York and therefore passed him by then I travelled via Northam and arrived in Toodyay at 1130 and was settling down to Lunch when Pete glided up on his beautiful RT much to my surprise as I thought he was long gone!!

After a refreshing break we left to return home via the Chittering Valley and Bullsbrook where we parted company.

The countryside is looking beautiful, A good time for country folk to sell their Farms before everything dries off for Summer. The Canola sets a fantastic contrast to the vivid green of other crops ripening and the abundance of wild flowers this year is wonderful.

For those who are able, Get out now and collect a wide variety of juicy fat bugs on your visor or fairing, It's so much fun washing them off with hot soapy water before they bake themselves into your paint work :roll:

Thanks Pete for your company for at least part of today's ride, It was very enjoyable!! 8)

Swampy
Swampy

Postby pspencer » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:31 pm

Swampy your slight delay was not an issue at all, because I knew I would find you comfortably seated in the Coca Cola Cafe in Toodyay. And guess what? That is where you where enjoying a toasted sandwich and chips! Others missed out out on a beautiful spring day ride. Thanks for a good ride.
pspencer

Return to Rides