R1250 GSA and R1200 GSA Rallye X side by side...

How to; Why did it do that?; What do I do now!...

R1250 GSA and R1200 GSA Rallye X side by side...

Postby Raider » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:28 am

Greetings,

Auto Classic provided me with their first R1250 GSA for a test ride. I took it for swing through the hills in the heat yesterday. When I got home I parked it next to my R1200 GSA Rallye X and produced a video clip with some of my initial thoughts.

Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwjQ-3CRY9Y

All the best for Christmas and the New Year.

Raider.
Raider

Re: R1250 GSA and R1200 GSA Rallye X side by side...

Postby Bozo » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:10 pm

Raider

I thought some one of your caliper would not spend an undue amount of time on low end torque. Like how you have solticed natures cycles to motor cycles although that may be druiding a long bow and produce Litha-rgic behaviour.

I understand that you have ordered a Rallye version of the beast. As they say "consilio caveat emptor studium" (beware the advice of a committed buyer) as the advice may embody a conflict of interest.

Looks a great bike in the flesh with lots of design improvements.

Bozo
Bozo

Postby Raider » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:45 pm

Bozo,

Friable Foreland Schist! A highly technical term, appropriate for this technical forum, largely FRACKed for any octane here in Western Australia. Ask the State Government. Can also use the acronym FFS. As in…

FFS Bozo! Too much high-powered technical torque after a day riding in the hot sun. I need solace after the solstice and a Bundy not a Bozo.

Merry Christmas and all the very best for 2019.

Raider

PS: You heard right. A 2018 R1200GSA Rallye X, meticulously serviced at Auto Classic, one careful owner, only used on long rides, never for commuting to work, will be on the market soonish…
Raider

Postby spacey1 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:06 am

Nice comparo Raider, look forward to more insights 8)

Like rough corrugated dirt... really fast :!:

some one of your caliper

Gripping character that Raider :P

Finally after all these years, we can pump up our tyres at a servo? Onya BMW! Is that an optional add-on?
Himalayas Royal Enfield Tour 2017; Camp Cook-Off Winner 2017; Kennedy Ranges; Three Oceans Tour Australia; Hyden-Norseman Breakaways; R1200 series final drive repair; Mt Augustus; Bimbijy Station; Around Oz
spacey1

Return to Technical