First Thursday Ride 2019

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

First Thursday Ride 2019

Postby brian/5 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:54 am

For though that are up for ride the plan is to
meet at the Dome Kelmscott Thursday 3rd 8:30am for 9:00am departure.
If its not too hot may head via Pingelly / Narrogin
Final destination to be confirm on the day

Happy New Year to all
Brian/5
brian/5

Re: First Thursday Ride 2019

Postby pspencer » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:26 pm

Hi Brian 5 Happy New Year. Sounds good to kick off 2019. See you at Shell SS for a 8:00am departure.
pspencer

Postby Ross Higgins » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:53 pm

Well chaps, once again wont make it. House hunting now. It never ends. Enjoy the ride.
Ross
Ross Higgins

Postby Ross Higgins » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:54 pm

Well chaps, once again wont make it. House hunting now. It never ends. Enjoy the ride. Oops the ride was today.
Ross
Ross Higgins

Postby Nurzo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:54 am

Fantastic ride in perfect weather well done Brian.

Steve
Nurzo

Postby brian/5 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:10 pm

What a great day for a ride. The rain what little there was had cleared, a comfortable 24 degree day.
Five of us meeting at the Kelmscott Dome – Brian, Wes, Peter, DFS & Steve. Swampy ignored us as he rode past heading north.

The route out was via Canning Mills & Chevin Roads, east along the Brookton Hwy, then south down York-Williams & Pumphreys Roads.
Over the few kms of reasonable gravel DFS found the handling of his newly purchased PD100 to be a bit below his expectations.
Nothing obvious was found to be the cause. The two R1200RTs handled it in a gentlemanly manner. Well the GS what more need to be said.

After a short stop at the old Pumphreys bridge carried on to Narrogin, with the first stop to refuel.
Unfortunately the Fortune French Hot Bread shop was closed for the New Year break, so settled for the café opposite.
The second option suggested by DFS of another bakery was found to have closed down permanently.

We were not the only ones caught out as there was a steady stream of people trying the French bakery.
Even the boys in blue had to settle for an alternative option.

The return home was via Pumphreys bridge on to Boddington via Crossman.
It was then via Dwellingup, Del Park and Hopelands Roads home.

For me it was a round trip of 450kms arriving home at 4:30pm.
Thanks guys for your great company and relaxing ride.

Brian/5
brian/5

Postby Swampy » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:40 pm

Great that you guys had an enjoyable ride, I did pass you whilst you were at the Dome Cafe in Kelmscott and beeped 3 times and waved out as well, maybe you need a trip to Hearing Life Brian? :lol:

I did my normal fortnightly solo ride to Toodyay via Bullsbrook and the Chittering Valley and was fortunate to have beautiful weather along the way.

Caught up with a couple of locals while I was there which was good but the Coke Cafe was full of Harley Riders of all THREE genders and all of a generous age and size and there was countless thousands of Dollars of American Chrome parked on the roadside including a couple of Harley Trikes with the obligatory loud pipes on all of them.

HD must make a fortune on after sales clothing of leather jackets, waistcoats, head scarves, boots etc. One chap had so many metal badges on his jacket he had trouble standing upright......or it could have been an age thing :roll: :roll:

Thank fully they soon left with pipes thundering and cleaning rags streaming out of back pockets in the wind and peace once again reigned in the main street 8)

An enjoyable ride out as the weather at 25c was perfect for a ride in the country.

Will be back next Thursday for a normal ride with the lads weather permitting!!

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Postby pspencer » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:10 am

Thanks Brian for leading a great ride on a perfect day to kick off 2019. Yes Swampy we did see you wave to us as you glided past on Harry your one and only bike I hear. Well done to let the White Shark go to a new owner. Narrogin was also alive but we where the only bikers in town and caused no sound issues as we slipped in and out of town. Looking forward to more fantastic rides with friendly mates in 2019!
pspencer

Return to Rides