Annual Dinner 15 June 2019

Club and BMW related

Re: Annual Dinner 15 June 2019

Postby davebeemer1 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:16 pm

Got a room booked, see you Saturday when I'm looking at you.
davebeemer1

Postby wightman » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:48 pm

I'm sure that some people would like to ride via black top (GEH) to the Lakes, whilst others may hack through the bush from Mundaring, along back roads. People are welcome to nominate to champion either of these options. I will be leading a different type of ride, which involves a meet up at Karagullen at 2pm, then a ride along blacktop for about 40 kms to Edison Mill Rd, which leads onto about 30 kms of reasonable dirt, to Talbot West Road. I intend to ride slowly along this section, so anybody with mixed riding ability can come along. Thereafter, we'll come into York via Qualean Road W, then onto the venue via the York Quairading Road. We should arrive around 4pm, after a relaxing ride. We will return back to the big smoke via Beverley and Westdale on the Sunday morning, leaving Greenhils at about 9am. It's not too late to book. Be there or be square!

Pub tel # 96414095

John :mrgreen:
wightman

Postby GSDisciple » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:47 pm

Looks lIke a great ride John and a terrific event. Unfortunately I cannot make it this year. JP
GSDisciple

Postby Swampy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:56 pm

Hi All, If anyone is interested I can lead a black top ride to Greenhill's on Saturday (apologies to those offended by me riding a Honda) OR those riding Suzuki's, KTM's etc!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I can meet at at the Dome in Mundaring for coffee and chat, because we can as an older members of the club but younger members are welcome as always to to join us and enjoy a milkshake :P at 1300hrs before departing to the Lakes and West Talbot road to York before heading to the Greenhill"s Tavern to enjoy a few sherbert's or an icy pole before the dinner commences. 8)

Not a very exciting ride so open to suggestions from someone with a better plan??

Swampy

PS: As always if it is bucketing down with rain I reserve the right to cancel without notice :lol:
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Postby JeffD » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:04 pm

Old Betsy
It's a pretty simple fix, think of a place you'd like to go, an activity you'd like to do there, (motorbike ride, dinner, whatever) invite club members to join you via this forum or better still contact a committee member and have your event added to the list.
Please don't use this forum to sit back and criticise our committee members' choice of location, event or activity.
Not to mention your own signature which reads something to the tune of "bitumen is a tool, to get you to the dirt". Doesn't sound like a club member who wants to stay within the confines of Perth Metro area?
JeffD

Postby Swampy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:47 pm

Hi All, Just checked the forecast and see that it has been changed for rain both tomorrow, Saturday and also Sunday so am having to bail out of leading the ride to Greenhills on my bike and will travel up with my wife in the ute!! :oops:

Apologies for breaking your hearts!! :lol:

Swampy
Swampy

Postby Swampy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:33 pm

What can I say?? What a great afternoon/evening was had by all those who traveled up to Greenhills!!

A fantastic group of men and women gathered as one to enjoyed endless ribbing, laughter and dare I say "Camaraderie" on a perfect moon lit night in the wheat belt.

It was great to see Geoff and Sandra ride all the way up from Narrogin and Clayton and "Mate" riding all way down from Geraldton to join the in the fun and frivolity !!
Fantastic effort guys and your company was most welcome and enjoyable.
I hope you have had save travels home again today? 8)

Good to see Beemer Dave also lob up on his"Blue Streak" K model as well as all the others who chose to ride up on bikes!!

Robin, Well I did promise not to tell mate and I won't but it is a good story eh?? Tradition dictated that you not stay the night after a function so I hope you had a safe return home last night and your wrist isn't too sore :oops:

Must have been my lucky night because as well as Mary deciding to attend with me this year I also took out some nice prizes.

Beemer Dave was the Winner/Loser? as he was the one that actually won the prize and without looking to see what it was gave it back for a second draw!!

Thank you for your kind generosity Dave, I won't forget it in a hurry and ALSO a big Thank You to Tyres for Bikes for donating the great prize to the club of $200 on the purchase of a new tyre!!

Those that were there know that my 4WD managed to get fairly caked up with some thick gooey stuff somehow? But they will be pleased to know that by 12 noon today with the assistance of a pressure cleaner and another prize I won of Spray and Wipe Detailing spray it is back to looking better then ever!! :lol:

Great venue John Wightman well done mate!

A brief message to Mike (Ahab)...... Mike as you live in the country now, isn't Greenhills only a short distance away and a relative suburb for you now?
It would have been terrific to see you there last night Mike to catch up with you again after such a long time!! (Forget the politics mate!!)

Finally I would like to thank the committee for organising such a great night out for the club. It was an outstanding success if I may speak for myself and for some of the others in attendance and the company was amazing and got on together like a house on fire! (Sorry Ross)

See you all at the AGM guys!!

PS: It was a bonus whilst traveling home along Mundaring Weir Road this morning to see Bozo leading yet another of his dull and Mundane repetitive rides through the hills!! Well Done Chris!!

Swampy
Last edited by Swampy on Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swampy

Postby wightman » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:47 pm

Thank you Swampy for your kind words. It was indeed, a tremendously enjoyable experience for the 21 people who took part.

By the way, the route some of us took, via Edison Mills Rd, Dobadery Rd and Kokerdin Rd was graded and rolled, allowing for a great ride.
Maybe we must do it again on a Club ride, before trucks ruin it.

Kokerdin Road brings one up to W. Talbot Rd which eventually takes one to the Qualean Rd turnoff which is familiar to BMWMCCWA members. Of interest is a medieval building, just 5kms west of the Kokerdin/W.Talbot turnoff, which exhibits some incredibly well preserved aboriginal paintings, depicting among other things, a prototype of the modern day Harley Davidson, being ridden by what seem to be early settlers.
wightman

Postby pspencer » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:46 pm

Yes Jono, Cookie and John thanks for arranging and participating in a great night. The location was great, cost acceptable, good food and plenty of good fun and entertaining discussions, with tasty cold beer thrown in. Mei and I are looking forward to the next one.
pspencer

Previous

Return to General