Avoiding the Chrysanthemums

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

Avoiding the Chrysanthemums

Postby Bozo » Sun May 12, 2019 3:20 pm

A smaller than usual crowd graced the pavement at Catalano's this Mothers Day.

Good to see Davey Sprocket's smiling face and Rob on a new bike. Bozo's Books was officially launched with three being put into circulation (see item in General).

A highlight was an unscheduled stop by a traffic patrolperson on a 1200 BMW RTP. I think she spotted Swampy in a police issue high vis jacket and thought one of her colleagues was being harangued by unruly citizens.

It was interesting to know that some 1200 BMW Liquid Cooled RTP's would be coming up for auction with 80,000 kms on them and that BMW 1250 RTP's were on the current tender.

We were also informed that some police bikes had been fitted with radar that clocked vehicles travelling in the opposite direction.

Seven riders delayed their roadside flower purchases to take a run to Gingin. Ted, Stoy, Mark, Geoff, Bill, Peter and Bozo left the arresting conversation to circuit the airport and thread through the Swan Valley passing flower sellers on many corners.

Taking a quiet Warbrook Road and Railway Road the group passed through the Northlink works on Neaves Road to get to Old Yanchep Road. The run along Indian Ocean Highway was OK only being slightly backed up by a learner driver and 80 kph roadworks before reaching Military Road. A good run along Gingin Brook Road before reaching the new 90 kph limit on Dewar Road. The CU@ Café was sparsely populated and we secured a table with a time limit. The chat included camper vans and timing lights. Ted at 85 years has resumed his competitive motocross , competing and completing three events last week.

Moolabeenie Road, Crest Hill Road and the Chittering Valley got us back to Muchea where the group split up. I made the mistake of going though the Swan Valley to Guildford with every food establishment's car park overflowing and bumper to bumper traffic.

Magic riding weather again. Thanks to Peter for tail end Charlie work.

Bozo
Bozo

Re: Avoiding the Chrysanthemums

Postby Swampy » Sun May 12, 2019 4:28 pm

Lovely this morning to see a slim trim Eve come in to assist with serving on what promised to be a booked out Catalano's and also a visiting Mrs. Plod doing her bit for Police Public Relations. Anthea cos that was her name spent 15-20 minutes chatting up an avid group of admirers and took a lot of trouble explaing how her new stab proof vest had reduced her from a Double D down to zero. I was tempted to feel the quality of the material but I thought it was a too close to the chest to risk my well being :shock:

Does it mean something if a female Police Officer takes your name and number while she is fluttering her eyes at you 8) 8) 8) 8)

Like rats deserting a sinking ship Wes and Swampy parted company with Bozo's motley crew and tacked into a Easterly breeze sailing up Welshpool rd. up Lesmurdie Hill and on through Mundaring Weir rd. (Very quiet) onto Grt. Eastern Hwy for a quick comfort stop at the lakes turnoff where we struck up an amiable conversation (in the car park for the clever people among'st you) with a couple in a optioned up Mitsubishi 4WD. It was quickly revealed that the vehicle belonged to the lady who was possibly thinking of good things to come on Mothers Day had kindly permitted her husband a spin behind the wheel. :roll:

Eventually we parted company and headed to York via West Talbot on through town and onto Clackline before docking in a little town somewhere further on to drop anchor and stevedore with refreshments???

Extremely quiet on all the roads going out this morning as I guess some mothers were being served up with something else apart from breakfast in bed 8)

Bit more traffic on the roads on the way home but a great day for a ride in perfect weather with a good ship mate dragging his anchor behind!! :P

Thanks Wes.

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Postby pspencer » Sun May 12, 2019 5:31 pm

Yes it was very accomodating of the RT mounted policewoman to stop and chat to all- great PR for the police force. Thanks to Bozo the “motley crew”?? had a great ride. Sounds like Swampy and Wes had a great ride too! Perfect weather again.
pspencer

Postby Swampy » Sun May 12, 2019 6:38 pm

A highlight was an unscheduled stop by a traffic patrolperson on a 1200 BMW RTP. I think she spotted Swampy in a police issue high vis jacket and thought one of her colleagues was being harangued by unruly citizens.

Maybe it was my arresting Smile Chris? boom boom!!

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Return to Rides