Not even the second best ride of the year

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

Not even the second best ride of the year

Postby Bozo » Sun May 26, 2019 2:48 pm

A solid turnout at Catalano's today with sightings of both Dinga and Kim. Fresh from the best ride of the year, Kots and His Royal Griceness, smugly would not debate how it compared to the best Bozo ride.

Eleven riders and two pillions saddled up for a sojourn in the scarp. Ross+ Bernadette, Reklaw, Wes, Steve, Ted, Mark, Bill + Trish, Louis, Peter, Bozo and Swampy climbed the Darling Range and headed through the Bickley Valley via Repatriation Road, Patterson Road, Walnut Road and Mundaring Weir Road. The scenery was stunning with the early morning light and the autumn colours creating a surreal feeling as we wound our way to Mundaring. A swarm of Lotus sport cars buzzed past us but traffic and cyclists were not a problem. At Stoneville Bozo's grub screw needed tightening and Ted was not trigger happy and needed a push.

Past Parkerville and on to Toodyay Road for the descent to Campersic Road and the climb to Connemara Road. Swampy was temporarily delayed but caught up with the Group at O'Brien Road. A run to Berry Road and Reserve Road with masses of motorcycles travelling at speed in the opposite direction was followed by a sticky traffic jam on Toodyay Road. The sticky situation and slow traffic was caused by a combination of the Honey Festival, the Slow Food Movement and the Gidgegannup Small Farm Field Day.

Half of the Group were not keen to be held up and left after being taken on a blind goose chase by Bozo past the Gidgegannup Fire Station and sports oval. The rest changed their plans and headed to the Dome Mundaring where the ride ended.

Brilliant weather for a ride and no problem with navigation and traffic until Gidgegannup. Thanks to Swampy for running as tail end Charlie.

A bit more planning of destinations will be needed in future to avoid another mutiny and to run a ride comparable with those led by His Royal Griceness.

Bozo
Bozo

Re: Not even the second best ride of the year

Postby pspencer » Sun May 26, 2019 3:34 pm

Thanks Bozo and Swampy for a great ride on a beautiful Autumn day. Even with the mutineers we still had an interesting chat at Dome Mundaring!
pspencer

Postby Swampy » Sun May 26, 2019 4:12 pm

A case of RAT'S deserting a slowly sinking ship, Glad to hear you found a safe harbour at the Dome which I steered close by after navigating Stoneville on my way home 8)

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Postby Nurzo » Mon May 27, 2019 7:16 am

Sorry guys it was a great ride till the stop start traffic , which I detest riding in, reminds me to much of when I smashed up my pelvis filtering.
I don't filter anymore the pain reminds me not to.

Steve
Nurzo

Return to Rides