Ride this Thursday!!

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

Ride this Thursday!!

Postby Swampy » Mon May 27, 2019 6:51 pm

Ride this Thursday folks meeting at the Dome in Mundaring at 0900 if you are interested?

Destination? What the majority want!!

PS: Pete if you are coming I have put the big Top Box on!!

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Re: Ride this Thursday!!

Postby pspencer » Wed May 29, 2019 8:04 am

Sounds like an offer too good to turn down! Leaving Ascot Shell at 8:15am to meet Swampy for morning coffee with the continuation of great weather expected. Magazines onboard.
pspencer

Postby Nurzo » Wed May 29, 2019 9:45 am

Count me in. Sunday rides a just too stressful.

Steve
Nurzo

Postby brian/5 » Wed May 29, 2019 9:23 pm

Peter see you at the Ascot Shell
Brian
brian/5

Postby pspencer » Thu May 30, 2019 9:02 pm

Brian5 and I arrived at Mundaring Dome to find Swampy, Steve, Ross and Wes enjoying sumptuous food and coffees on the veranda in an acceptable 12 degrees. Bill soon joined us as we plotted our route for the day. Goomalling was selected as the lunch stop but how were we to get there? I was selected as lead so with the help of Brian we nominated our first stop as Spencer Brook Tavern.
We hit the bitumen travelling through Stoneville, Mt Helena, Chidlow, Wooroloo, Wundowie, Bakers Hill and Clackline to arrive for a 5 minute break at the Spencer’s Brook Tavern.
We were soon in Northam and heading to Grass Valley on the GEH. Jennapullin Rd was our route to the Goomalling Rd and we were soon in the Goomalling Go Cafe. A variety of food and drinks was consumed with the general census of opinion that the food was pretty good.
Wes decided to head straight back through Toodyay and then head home while the remaining six decided Julimar Rd and the Chittering Valley was too good to miss on such a fine riding day with the temperature now in the low 20’s.
After seeing the standard 10 to 15 emus near Keating Rd we where soon in Bullsbrook and parted to find our own way home.
Fine weather, fine company and fine motor sickles - an ideal day!
Thanks Swampy for TEC duties once again.
pspencer

Return to Rides