Best Ride of the Year!!

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

Best Ride of the Year!!

Postby Swampy » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:10 pm

BEST RIDE OF THE YEAR!! ..............Well maybe not but pretty close!! :lol:

A lively group of BMW, Honda, Suzuki, KTM and Vespa riders gathered at Catalano's this morning for breakfast!!

Three desert raiders returned from an epic trip to the North Eastern part of Australia grinning from ear to ear with tales of Derring Do and adventure on some pretty gnarly roads. :shock:

Messrs. Geoff, John W and mate? (sorry) rocked up on Bikes still unpacked from the bush with tales of worn tyres, sprockets and chains but this undaunted trio looked like they were ready to do it all again tomorrow given the opportunity!

A very distinguished looking Dinga putt puttered in on a Vespa claiming that was all he had left to ride as all his other bikes were packed safely away prior to him jetting off to Europe tomorrow for a well earned holiday! :mrgreen:

Eight of us took to the Hills on a beautiful sparkling Winters morning. Bill and Trish, Clayton and Sjoukje. Mark, Wes, Ted and Swampy made our way up Lesmurdie Hill, Mundaring weir Road to the Lakes for a comfort break.
Bill had mentioned he had not been to Toodyay for a long time so with great reluctance I decided to make it our destination for the day :roll: :roll:

West Talbot Road led us to York, then onto Northam via the back roads then onto Toodyay via the scenic route!!

We had a Bozo moment on entering Toodyay as we found the town packed from end to end with cars and people with the main street closed to traffic whilst the town celebrated something???

A quick stop on the other side of town to discuss alternative destinations resulted in the majority deciding on the Bindoon bakehouse!!

At this point Wes decided home was his preferred option and parted company with us while the rest of us enjoyed a very pleasant ride down Julimar Rd. To Great Northern Hwy and Bindoon.

There was a long queue for service but fortunately I had a packed lunch on board which was disposed of by the time the group had been served and sat down to their pastries and salads!! :P

As the other riders were Dune Dwellers of the South Geraldton Frontier they parted company with me to trek their way back to their individual little oasis's!!

Ted who managed a full ride without mishap today followed me back into the Chittering Valley to Bullsbrook before parting company.

Surprisingly little traffic on my return to the lush green Southern suburbs made for an easy ride home on what must be seriously considered the Ride Of The Year :lol:

Thanks to the group for following my lead without anyone getting lost 8)

Swampy
"I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains.
Of rugged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons, I love her jeweled sea.
Her beauty and her terror, the wide brown land for me."
Swampy

Return to Rides