Border Run: August 3, 2019

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

Border Run: August 3, 2019

Postby Goldie1 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:57 pm

Border run 1 month to go, get the bikes serviced dig out the the wet gear and jumpers. It’s a great ride
Goldie1

Re: Border Run

Postby Raider » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:41 pm

Goldie,

I will be departing early Friday and heading to Hyden bakery for breakfast. Then across to Norseman and on to Balladonia for a good barista coffee and a burger. Will collect a few cold-ones there for the evening... It would be good to see riders congregate at the western end of the 90 Mile Straight for an evening of story-telling and good company.

If you are there early please choose a spot with plenty of firewood and get a good fire going! May need to choose the S side of the road a few hundred meters E of the start of the straight. I will do just that if I get there before you.

Looking forward to the ride. See you there...

Saturday ride east to to Border Village for the usual gathering of long-distance riders. There by mid-late afternoon.

Sunday, usually leave Border Village by 5am and am home in Nedlands same-day by 8:30pm. On this occasion will likely take a casual ride through Kalgoorlie and up to Tjukayrila Roadhouse in time to be at the Desert Raid location of Empress Springs for the following Saturday.

Raider
Raider

Postby Cookie » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:12 pm

Sounds good Raider, I will be there, please note the Desert Raid is Wednesday (mid week) and back in Metro by Saturday :)
Regards
Cookie
R1200RT
F650GS
Cookie

Postby Raider » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:57 pm

Cookie,

Crickey! Thanks for that little detail.

Even better timing.

Raider
Raider

Postby Goldie1 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:33 pm

Ok iam staying with family in the goldfields Thursday night and hopefully get away from there mid Friday morning see you at the start of the ninety mile straight. There’s a guy I know going out there also but he takes his time and will be in front of us
Goldie1

Postby Nurzo » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:05 am

My plans are leave home around 6am. have an early lunch in Hyden then on to Norseman and the 90 mile straight.
Do the stuff at the border and then move on to Maralinga for a guided tour on Tuesday.
Wednesday I will either come home or head for Alice Springs, I have another urge, then return via The Great Central Road.

The mighty RT will cope I'm sure, if not I will be look for a good fully decked out GS after i return.
There's a lot of back roads I wish to travel in the future.

Steve
Nurzo

Re: Border Run: August 3, 2019

Postby reklaw » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:15 pm

The ducks are starting to line up, I should be a starter for the Border/Desert Raid combo.
Friday camp via Hyden, probably tag along with someone, then join the Moto Peleton to the border. I want to go through Rawlinna to Kalgoorlie and probably get a Donga for the night in Kal.
Any takers for Rawlinna? Just over 500kms fuel range required.
From Kal to the Raid by Wednesday. Return not planned but would like to take in Lake Ballard and be back in Perth by Friday.
reklaw

Return to Rides