General Meeting Mon 9 September

Club and BMW related

General Meeting Mon 9 September

Postby wightman » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:16 am

Just a reminder to all those folks, that our monthly formal meeting (shown on our calendar, as well) will be held from 7.30 at the Vic Park Hotel, upstairs. This is your opportunity to get up to date with the goings on of the Club. Highlights include a raffle, Ride Reports and President's report. Be there or be square! :mrgreen:
wightman

Re: General Meeting Mon 9 September

Postby BillB » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:20 am

Hi secretary John. During the last election for committee when I was standing for Club President, many disenchanted club members indicated they weren’t able to get to these meetings and didn’t get to know what was going on with the running of the club. I suggested that the club have a “Club Business” link published in the members only section of the club forum so the minutes of committee meetings and monthly meetings be available to all club members. This would allow members to be informed so they know what the club committee has activated,achieved, organised, has decided on issues and what it has done in relation to trying to make the club more interested for the greater number of BMW bike owners who aren’t members or show little interest in the BMWMCCWA.
Our charter is to “bring together like minded BMW bike owners to enhance their knowledge and experience of owning these bikes”, this along with the social interaction is what this club should be all about. As I was trying to get across at the annual election our committee should be reaching out to all BMW bike owners to be part of this club. This is an important role that our leadership and committee should be keeping in mind and sharing the workings of the club committee and meetings is important for those people unable to attend or non involved members just in the club for discounts and concession licenses that aren’t getting this information.
Unfortunately I will be taking over from “Digger” leaving for Bali this arvo for a PAR organised second contingent dirt bike tour and won’t be able to attend the meeting to instigate that my proposal “that we all can follow the minutes of our club business in the club members only private forum’,will happen.
BEWARE .... I'm looking at your teeth .....
R1200 GSA 2009, K1200 LT 1999 "insurance w/off", Suzuki DR 650 2012, C650GT "gone" 2018 R 1200 RT
BillB

Postby Cookie » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:33 pm

Hello Bill
I will raise your points at the meeting tomorrow, have a great and safe time in Bali :)
Regards
Cookie
R1200RT
F650GS
Cookie

Postby bowewilson@gmail.com » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:44 pm

Hi Bill,
I intend to attend my first meeting tomorrow in quite a while so will be interested to see what goes on!
Personally I don't agree that committee minutes should be released to members because there can be issues discussed at committee that are not appropriate for general membership consumption for lots of reasons.
I have seen minutes released with what is considered the inappropriate bits excised, then there are arguments about whats in and whats out... too hard.
Have fun in Bali!
bowewilson@gmail.com

Postby BillB » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:53 pm

Bowe I see where you are coming from, I was told by a number of people that the club lacked communication with members and they in a number of instances indicated that attending monthly meetings to find out what is happening around the club was impossible and they would like to see at least the monthly meeting minutes open for viewing. The committee meeting Minutes I was talking about should be discussed in lite of my previous comments to provide an insight as to what the committee is doing for the club and attracting new members.

“This would allow members to be informed so they know what the club committee has activated,achieved, organised, has decided on issues and what it has done in relation to trying to make the club more interested for the greater number of BMW bike owners who aren’t members or show little interest in the BMWMCCWA.”

Personal comments about members as you rightly indicate should not be published until a final outcome of what the committee has decided in view of the members membership status is fully covered by allowing the member to approach and discus with the committee a fair hearing. It’s fair to all members that they are informed on these committee decisions. I was thinking of a member who was denied membership status when I was on committee after much discussion the committee summarised the decision without going into the nitty gritty and communicated only the final decision.
BEWARE .... I'm looking at your teeth .....
R1200 GSA 2009, K1200 LT 1999 "insurance w/off", Suzuki DR 650 2012, C650GT "gone" 2018 R 1200 RT
BillB

Postby wightman » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:42 am

Good Day all

You can find a copy of the General Meeting Minutes held at Vic Park Hotel, on 9 September, on the member's only forum. Keeping current with Club News increases general awareness and can lead to improved input from new/existing members. A special note regarding this weekend's Road Safety Forum. You can engage in the activity by registering intention to participate/contribute, see The ape's entry in "General" public forum. Cheers John W
wightman

Return to General