How many ways to Toodyay

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides

How many ways to Toodyay

Postby Bozo » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:46 pm

A massive turn up today with around 35 bikes. Not the day for the Town of Victoria Park Ranger to take an interest in the assembled multitude with every bike illegally parked. We have not have a problem with parking since 2014.

Lots of old and new faces as well as a stray Kwacka.

A big group headed for Toodyay. Kim + Andrea, Russell, Bill + Trish, Wes, Ted, Steve, Frank, Peter, Swampy and Bozo took the Repatriation Road option and headed through the back of Bickley Valley. A good run past Mundaring Weir and through to Chidlow before a deviation on to Liberton Road and Needham Road. Event ahead signs were everywhere but we avoided any delays. A perfectly good bakery was bypassed at Bakers Hill for a run to Hoddy Well. Pete took over the reins and led the team via Salt Valley Road and Sandplain Road to the River Road entry to Toodyay. We progressively lost group members from Sandplain Road onwards.

A second illegal park in a car bay at Toodyay (another case of way more bikes than bays) and a pastry wrapped parcel before Peter took over the remnants for the ride home.

Thanks to Swampy for running as tail end Charlie and Peter for leading most of the ride.

Great weather for a ride.

Bozo
Bozo

Re: How many ways to Toodyay

Postby pspencer » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:10 pm

Thanks Bozo for the great ride. Also thanks for identifying my photos, taken on Salt Valley Rd on the way home, of the mystery crop. Bill and Trish were correct it is dried canola pods, left after harvesting of the flowers for their oil. Mystery solved! Thanks to all for a great day.
pspencer

Postby Goldie1 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:27 pm

Happened a couple of yrs ago one of the other business got upset then the council backtracked because we were supporting local businesses and weren’t blocking much that early in the morning. Even had some council parking officers walk through look at the bikes say hi and walk on
Goldie1

Postby Bozo » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:49 pm

Goldie

I am on to it. I will follow up with the Town of Victoria Park. I was also involved back in 2014.

It would seem that we should get a special resolution of Council to allow us to use nominated bays on Sunday without charge between 7:00 am and 9:30 am.

We may also have to lift our game in relation to bus bays.

Bozo
Bozo

Postby Goldie1 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:54 pm

Stay out of the bus bay over the road
Goldie1

Return to Rides