LC GS side stand

How to; Why did it do that?; What do I do now!...

LC GS side stand

Postby Nurzo » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:08 pm

When I got my LC I noticed the side stand when down was too vertical for my liking so as you do I modified it.
Bike on center stand with side stand down, take a measurement from stand toe to some reference point.
Than gently take to the frame contact point with a right angle grinder till the stand toe moves forward 20 or 30mm.
This gives a more stable side stand position with less likelihood of the bike shifting forward and falling off the stand.

Low and behold on a recent Thursday ride a LC GS rolled off it's stand on a down hill incline, mine was perfectly OK.

Steve
Nurzo

Re: LC GS side stand

Postby Digger » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:47 pm

Nurzo wrote:When I got my LC I noticed the side stand when down was too vertical for my liking so as you do I modified it.

Low and behold on a recent Thursday ride a LC GS rolled off it's stand on a down hill incline, mine was perfectly OK.

Steve

When in doubt, place bike in gear when on the side stand on a gradient. It ain’t likely to move then. A lot easier then modifying something that has probably had a lot of R & D put into it long before it went into production.
Just sayin’.
:P
You don't have to have a long neck...to be a goose

My YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/budgetmovies
(Mongrel Dog Productions)
Digger

Re: LC GS side stand

Postby Nurzo » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:40 am

I use the in gear routine most of the time also.

Steve
Nurzo

Return to Technical