Dwelling on Etiquette or Winging it

Plan, Organize and Report your Rides
Bozo
Junk Test: No
Enter the middle number (7726): 7726

Dwelling on Etiquette or Winging it

Post by Bozo »

A very impressive assembly at the Victoria Park Dome today with motorcycles of every description occupying all available space. Excellent to see Navigator Nick come directly from Cairns to coffee and to hear about Ted's contribution to house reconstruction.

16 riders, Multi Menu Mark, R90S Mark, Navigator Nick, 3Amps Nick, David P, Mick S, Ted, Josef, Brian/5, Rainer, Cameron, Rhonda, Goldie, Ralph, Peter Bee and Bozo, repatriated themselves to Pickering Brook before a run through the twisties on Canning Mills Road and on to Churchman's Brook.

A loop on Cann Road and a run to Byford for a break before ascending Nettleton Road. The fire months ago on KIngsbury Drive was still very evident as were the loose stones from roadworks. The run up Del Park Road included the conveyer belt/North Spur variation after a police inspection of the group from a moving car.

"The best group of the day" were in fine form including Multi Menu Mark who needed a 100 mm stack of paper towels to consume a mountain of Buffalo Wings using the finger pincer technique. The alternative, neater, use of a knife and fork to lever out the small bone and strip most of the meat was not favoured.

Eventually the group were able to head to the Nangas (note that the speed limit on Nanga Road is now 90 kph down from 110 kph). The impact of campers charging their phones for a car battery was extensive with only limited road damage from bulldozers. A smooth run on Nanga Brook Road was followed by heavy traffic on South West Highway. Taking Burnside Road we switched to Corio and Hopelands Road where the ride ended at Hopelands.

Thanks to all the corner markers and to Peter Bee for running as tail end Charlie. A glorious day out and a great way to welcome Navigator Nick home.

Bozo
nickcoleman

Re: Dwelling on Etiquette or Winging it

Post by nickcoleman »

Thanks for the welcome Bozo and everyone else. It was good to be back amongst the club members after a sometimes wet, three week 8,000 km solo trip.

The club is going great guns and the Sunday ride remains as popular as ever, with 16 riders this week, thanks to Bozo's route picking skills and hard work. Good fun out to Jarrahdale where tiredness began to catch up and I turned for home.

Great to be back, but short-lived. A small group of us are heading to South Australia next week for three weeks. 🤣😆.
K100 RS Special -> Ducati 900 SS -> R1250 GSA
bigmac906

Re: Dwelling on Etiquette or Winging it

Post by bigmac906 »

Another marvellous Sunday ride. Thanks Boze and Peter B for ride leadership and TEC duties. Yes, Dome is pumping atm and hopefully it will for a lot longer. It seems that with Cats closed, the club is bubbling with excitement 100mts up the road. Personally, I really enjoy seeing all the club members together in the morning. Great to see Nick again, tip top effort mate, an to turn around in a week and head to S.A. with us is a super human task. The Cafe at Dwellingup!!!!. For the last 3 times I've eaten, or devoured food there, it's been a very ordinary experience with the quality of their food. On Sunday, I can't remember if I ordered Buffalo wings swimming in Hinze shit sauce or Hinze Buffalo shit Sauce wit a dash of chicken? Either way, yet another disappointing feed fron this establishment. I needed a small high pressure cleaner to tidy up after the last, and I mean LAST supper from here again. But the ride. Twas good.